BEST BLURB WINNERS + REVIEWS

More winners are here!

This was very hard to judge. Everyone had great blurbs. I planned on releasing winners for this category yesterday but I had to take more time to think.

I copy and pasted usernames right from your forms, so if I tagged anyone wrong, please let me know so I can fix it asap! Copy and paste errors happen, so if you don't see yourself in the reviews, please let me know.

Please do not argue with me. Remember this is for fun and all personal opinion. I don't give harsh feedback, just honest feedback. You're of course entitled to your own opinion and you can disagree with everything I say if you want. Ask questions and discuss, but please no hate or arguments!

The reviews are specific but not as detailed as my main reviews will be because best blurb is one of the mini categories.

Even though this is a mini category, the reviews are still over 3k words long in total, so just imagine what the reviews will look like when I do the main/huge categories!

If you have any questions, please let me know! Prizes will be distributed soon!

3rd Place

Forbidden Yet Destined by Hells07dealer

The Blurb:

In an enchanting tale of star-crossed love, Jeon Jungkook, the wealthy and enigmatic bachelor, embarks on a search for the missing piece of his heart. 

Little does he know that destiny has a mysterious plan in store. Meet Yn, a captivating orphan with secrets that could change their fates forever. 

Forbidden by society, but fueled by an unwavering love, she's willing to defy all odds to protect their bond. As their worlds collide and their hearts entwine, will they conquer the forces that threaten to tear them apart? Brace yourself for a journey of passion, sacrifice, and the ultimate test of love. 

Will they find solace in each other's arms or face their destiny, even if it means risking it all? Unveil the captivating tale that unfolds in "Arms of Destiny: Bound by Love."

Thoughts:

This blurb feels like a Disney story come to life (one of the good ones from the Renaissance era, not whatever they're doing now). The language is vivid and paints a clear picture of what the story is going to have in it and who the characters are. You even give us some character traits for us to attach ourselves to before we start the story. It's very clear and the lack of major grammar/spelling errors makes it easy to read.

The only criticism I have is the last part feels unnecessary. The sentence "Will they find solace in each other's arms..." feels like it was already done with the "As their worlds collide..." sentence. You also use "captivating" again in that last part when you used it in the beginning while introducing Y/n, which is another reason that last part felt a little unnecessary to me. In the blurb, when you're using "larger" (for lack of a better term) words like captivating, it's noticeable if you're using them more than once.

2nd Place

A Con from the Sweetest Lips || Katniss Everdeen by ElizaJayBird1

The Blurb:

Conway O'dair and her brother contrasted each other like the day diverged from the night. Their charm was a conjoining feature in their arsenals, as well as their mirrored eyes and affinity for the sea. Perhaps most importantly, they were tethered by the rampant guilt which bloomed from surviving the Hunger Games.