SHORT STORIES WINNERS + REVIEWS

Please read:

Congratulations to all the winners!

Please don't be discouraged if your name isn't under the winners. As you'll see with the reviews, everyone scored highly. Honestly, all of these stories were solid and you did really well. I'm not one to sugarcoat things, so please believe me when I say you all did good. It's rare I get a batch of stories where all the scores are so high. Most people scored above an 80 or close to it, which is extremely impressive.

I copy and pasted usernames right from your forms, so if I tagged anyone wrong, please let me know so I can fix it asap! Copy and paste errors happen, so if you don't see yourself in the reviews, please let me know.

Please do not argue with me. Remember this is for fun and all personal opinion. I don't give harsh feedback, just honest feedback. You're of course entitled to your own opinion and you can disagree with everything I say if you want. Ask questions and discuss, but please no hate or arguments!

I don't mean to sound entitled, but these reviews took a lot out of me. They're over 25k words long. This contest came out two weeks ago, and I already announced three winners and wrote well over 30k words for them. That's why I ask you please be respectful because I'm putting a crap ton of effort into these reviews. But please don't be shy to tell me if I got something wrong with your username, I copy pasted something wrong, I got a grammatical suggestion wrong, you have a question about your review, etc. Just please be respectful about it.

If there are any typos in my reviews, please ignore them unless you genuinely have no idea what I'm saying (I'm a Cancer, sometimes I don't even know what I'm saying). I spell and grammar check my reviews, but I practically wrote a novella in the form of reviews, so mistakes will slip through. 

Prizes will be distributed soon. I'm trying to announce winners for a couple more categories so I can do the prizes all at once. I started judging best concept and best writing style, so those are the two you can expect next.

3rd Place

A Little Help by jahools

Thoughts:

Characters: 8/10. I would've liked to know more about Yoongi outside of Jungkook. Most of his conversations revolve around Jungkook and what he's going to do with him. Yoongi briefly mentions his job, but I don't recall seeing specifically what his job is. Jin is given a lot of depth with his past with littles and I really liked him. Jungkook is also given a lot to work with, which is why I would've liked to see a little more for Yoongi. It makes sense that most of his time on screen would revolve around Jungkook, though more heart-to-heart convos and getting a look at who Yoongi is outside of Jungkook could have been beneficial.

I still like Yoongi and all of the characters, it just felt at times that Yoongi wouldn't develop or talk much about anything outside of Jungkook. Even when he does talk about things outside of Jungkook (like work), it's spoken about because it impacts Jungkook. However, all the characters are solid and even though I would've liked to see more of Yoongi outside of Jungkook, he still has identifiable traits that make him stand out.