4.2 𝐂𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐒𝐮𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐄𝐲𝐞𝐬

Walking downstairs through the hallway you stopped right outside the dining room as you heart throbbed wildy. You were definitely paranoid and anxious since you had never once received a glance of Kai's father through the game. All you knew was he was wealthy, someone who could match hands with the Sakai's. One of the exact reasons why Akumu preferred to hang out with you. But that wasn't enough information for your first interaction! And you were barely good at striking conversations in either after considering socializing as a threat in your previous life!

Nervous, you peeked through the door to get a glance at your so-called new dad to see if he was actually waiting there. Inspite of Brooke informing you, you still had your doubts. A girl can hope remember ?

As your eyes gazed the table, you saw a man plaid in the nicest suits with a book in his hands with some toast and coffee on the table. His firm radiating elegance which made you rather intimidated.

Shit, he's there. you muttered. Chickening out, you were almost going to take a U-turn and slip away without breakfast when your eyes accidentally made eye contact with the male.

Fuck! You cursed. Why didn't you just slip away earlier?!

But then sighed. What's done is done. There was no point in regretting now. You were going to have to make this move sooner or later. Better it be soon, at least it would spare you with only few things to worry. But it was mostly because you had no choice left.

He lifted his head to look at your form standing at the corner of the large doors."Good morning, hon" he greeted,smiling softly which send goosebumps across your arms.

"G-Good—" before you could speak the purple holographic, which you may have forgotten about in a day, appeared again making you flinch. You tried to read the information as quickly as possible so as to avoid suspicion.

"Character Found: Kai Tomiju. The father of Kai Y/n. A busy parent who tries to fill in the spot of a mother and a father while failing miserably which has fractured their relationship quite a bit although Tomiju always tries to mend. He was unavailable most of the time which had brought Brooke and Kai close. Kai views Brooke as more of a father figure than him which upsets him greatly but there is nothing he can do except try. No additional information."

"Is something wrong? " a bold voice reverberated across the room as a pair of suspicious eyes landed on your figure.

You shook your head as a no and immediately replied "No, nothing. Good morning father"

With your reply, his face immediately lightened up. His long curly hair upto his neck which framed his heart shaped face flew backwards as Brooke switched on the fan on your side. He gestured you to sit down nudging his fine-line spectacles which rested on the bridge of his nose upwards studying your form.

You awkwardly ventured inside the room, your limbs stiff and brain unsure about what to do. You rigidity sat down infront of the table as you were curling and uncurling you fist under the table. A habit you acquired ever since you entered the game.

Tomiju held a pitiful look in his eyes yet grinned brightly and cheerfully asked you about your first day which did little to get you out of your shell."So [N/n]! How did the first day of your high school go? "

"It went well. " you spoke nonchalantly, trying not to sound much enthusiastic as well as cold at the same time.

"Well you say? " Mr. Kai hummed "So what happened? "

You glossed your eyes in thought recalling about everything that happened.

Got reincarnated, met pesky mascots who fight 24/7 , broke off tries with Akumu bitch , made new friends whom I'm supposed to break apart and got paired with my very own murderer!