5.1 𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐀𝐰𝐤𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝

So what is your choice now?

Friends | • Enemies

It's not like you have a choice. You don't necessarily want to be all buddy-buddy with a miss bleach head but she can be an okay companion I guess? But..nah. Himari is just overly-affectionate. They have been friends for years! Maybe you're just overthinking it? , you mused to yourself glossing your eyes in thought and them looked down in reassurance.

Yes, that must be it. It's not like a third person can ruin friendships, right? I'm sure Yukio would eventually learn to tolerate me and even if he does end up hating me, which he was already starting to show, you would definitely come up with something over time.

"Ah! Good morning Himari-san! How are you?" You warmly greeted the chalk head out of basic courtesy to which the girl beamed at you, her whole face brightening up.

"Hehe! I'm great now since I saw you~!" Himari chimed in a flirty manner.

Oh

"That's great to hear" You chuckled humorlessly ,a ball of sweat appearing on your forehead as you tried to hide your confusion over her out of the blue comment which you were definitely not expecting to hear.

As you were conversing you caught sight of glaring azure eyes that had a touch of purple in them. The boy tried gave you a friendly smile while he waved at you, trying his hardest to not clench his fists and distort his face into disgust. The 'I did not sign up for this' reaction was screaming all over his face. You could guess what was going through his mind right through his face.

"Ah hello Kai-san"he spoke, pressing his lips into a thin line.'He couldn't believe he was doing this in the first place'

"Hey " you chimed, harnessing his thoughts through his eyes.

Oh , he was so not happy to see you but he couldn't show his displeasure in front of Himari , could he? That's why he had to tag along, as if he was equally pleased to see you even when he was NOT. Yes, he did appreciate what you did for Himari yesterday but he could point out in a beat that you did it all selfishly for your own desires. Himari was just a pawn, a mere push to break your restraints. Plus what was so great in you anyway? He could totally do anything you did, he could put up a fight with Akumu just like you did yesterday. Only difference, he wasn't as miserable as you were. Oh puh-lease he was far much better company to Himari than you.

You wanted to punch him for that.

"I didn't know you both were so close. Already calling each other by their name eh?" he chuckled which came out more like a scoff.

You creased your brows. Huh? What is he on about? Why can't--Oh. Right, the game is set in Japan. He was definitely trying to diss you politely over your neglections over honorifics.

"Are you trying to be disrespectful towards Ryu-san?" he demanded , crossing his hands in disapproval, looking at you with a poker face devoid of any emotion but his eyes..he really assumed you tried to disrespect his Juliet but you can't blame him, can you? After all, you were only familiar with honorifics because of the game. Not like you were born in Japan that you'd just start speaking Japanese like a pro right away.

"I- no. " you defended,stammering a bit as you found his demeanor quite intimidating. "I never intended to disrespect Hima— Shoot, I mean Ryu-san." you apologised immediately, turning to Himari and bowed your head "Ryu-san I'm sorry, in case I have offended you"

Picking a fight early in the morning before school ,that too with the popular protagonist?Definitely Not a good idea. Those mascots might have you chopped down by a sharp edged knife if you ended up hurting Ito in the process.