Chapter 7: Hidden behind the Mask

Feng Yuansheng sat in the hospital room, his nephew Yun Cheng sleeping soundly in the bed beside him. He was still sleeping peacefully, and his condition was stable.

Just then, his secretary Li Ming entered the room, carrying a file in his hand. "Sir, here is the investigation report on Second Miss Jiang and the kidnappers," he said, handing him the file.

Feng Yuansheng opened the file and began to read through it carefully, his brow furrowed in concentration. As he read, his eyes turned cold. "There was someone else involved?"

Li Ming nodded grimly. "Yes, sir. The kidnappers were hired by the Jiang family's madam to ruin Jiang Yan's innocence. She dislikes her stepdaughter. She was to be tortured for five days before being released. Yet, she managed to get away from those people. That's how the kidnappers arrived at the mountain and attempted to kidnap her again."

Li Ming hesitated for a moment before continuing, "However, it appears that one of the kidnappers was a covert member hired by an unknown rival of the Yun family. He had infiltrated the gang at the time, and they had no idea who he was. They assumed he had been sent by the Jiang family to deal with the Second Miss Jiang."

Feng Yuansheng's face darkened with anger as he listened to Li Ming's report.

"Sir, the Yun Family is currently bidding for one of the biggest medical projects, and they have a high chance of winning. It's possible they wanted to kill Master Yun Cheng to prevent your family from winning the bid." Li Ming reported.

The surrounding around Feng Yuansheng turned colder, " Despicable! Do we know who is behind this?"

Li Ming shook his head. "Not yet, sir. But we are working on it."

"Get Tang Xiang on it." Feng Yuansheng ordered.

Secretary Li Ming hand trembled, "But sir- "

"You dare to question me?"

"No-No Sir. I will contact him now."

Feng Yuansheng leaned forward; his gaze intense. "Also increase security around Yun Cheng."

Li Ming nodded again. "Understood, sir. I'll make sure he's well protected." With that Secretary Li Ming bowed and left.

Feng Yuansheng leaned back in his chair, deep in thought. He knew that he had to be careful. If the Yun Family's rivals were willing to resort to such extreme measures, then he had to set an example immediately.

Feng Yuansheng eyes flickered to the file again. Jiang Yan. That little kitten also seems to have more terrifying enemy then anyone could imagine.

***

Jiang Yan sat by her grandmother's bedside, watching her chest rise and fall with each breath. It had been a two days since her grandmother's accident, and she still showed no signs of waking up. Feng Yuansheng has already paid off the hospital fees, and she was grateful for that. But Jiang Yan knew she needed to do something because now she needs to take care of her Grandmother also.

With the knowledge of the future she has to grab the opportunity now, she needs to grow her empire. And she knows exactly where to start from.

Taking her phone, she quickly dialled a number she remembers from her past life.

"Hello?" a drowsy voice answered on the other end of the line.

"Hello, is this Hua Mei?" Jiang Yan asked.

"Yes, who is this?" Hua Mei replied, sounding a little annoyed from getting woken up.

"I'm Jiang Yan. I am a designer, and I would like to work with you," Jiang Yan said without beating around the bush.