chapter 35: take it easy

Natasha's pov:

I smile at my phone and leave it to charge. Break started in around 15 minutes and it would take 15 minutes for him to come here because there isn't peak-hour traffic. I make my way downstairs and snuggle into the couch with my soft fluffy blanket. I scroll on social media until I hear the doorbell ring.

That could only be one person, Flynn!

I rush towards the door, almost tripping in the process, and unlock the door as quick as I can. I spot Flynn's 6ft figure and squeal as I jump into his arms. He spins me around like I'm in a fairy tale and plops me down shortly after. I smile as I look at him. I pout and say "I missed you."

"I know love. How are you feeling?" He asks as I drag him towards the couch.

"I've been better." I reply honestly. "Sorry for the short notice." I add with a tinge of guilt for making him come all the way over here. We lay down on the couch and I bring the fluffy blanket to drape over us.

"You don't need to be sorry Princess. I would fly to the moon and back if it meant that you would be happy." Flynn assures.

I smile at his heartfelt words. "You're such a sweetie-pie." I shove his shoulder playfully. He laughs along with me. "This morning was just a little bit too chaotic." I admit.

Flynn rubs my back. "Want to do something fun to take your mind off of it?" He asks in a suspicious voice. "What did you have in mind?" I ask with a grin making its way up my face. "Wanna binge watch Brooklynn 99?" He asks with a smirk and a head tilt.

"You know me too well." I chuckle with him.

"That's why I'm your favourite." He sassily responds. "Your sass levels are off the chart young man." I playfully joke. "Hey! I'm the older one! If anything, I should be the one calling you that, young lady." He defensively jokes around. I slap his arm which causes him to laugh even more.

God this man and his humour.

I get the remote and switch on Netflix. I click into my account and click season two. My favourite. I snuggle closer towards Flynn and he drapes his arm around me. Not long, AKA after 12 episodes Flynn starts to snore like a dad whilst I drift off into a sleep.

Wow I was really getting my naps in today.

times passes

My eyes open after hearing a loud throat clearing. I spot a mad Xavier standing in front of us. I yawn and realise that I can't move because Flynn's heavy biceps are wrapped around me. He was hugging me like a teddy bear. Xavier's mouth clearing only gets louder. That means that Xander is home from school.

"What do you want?" I ask with a tired voice.

Xavier nods his head in Flynn's direction. "What?" I mouth out.

"Why is he here?" Xavier asks still maintaining the same jealous tone.

"I invited him here. Now can you go? I want to sleep." I tell him to leave.

"Why can't you sleep in your own room?"

"Why do I have to? I'm perfectly comfortable right now anyways." I rebuttal back matching his attitude.

"Because you're with-" He pauses. "You know what, whatever. Get some rest." He scoffs and walks off.

Jeez, what's his problem? I lay back down and let the warm vanilla candle scent put me back to sleep.

times passes

I wake up again to someone clearing their throat loudly again. God, do the people in this house not know how to properly wake someone up? I open my eyes to find a different brother standing in front of me this time, the one and only Xander. "You're awake." He states the obvious.