new materials

I need to get someone to verify this paper!Sun Xiaodong decisively hung up the phone, ignoring Zhang Minsheng.This guy, after all, is the dean of an institute, and there's no need for him to deceive in such matters.Besides, whether it's a donkey or a horse, it will show itself when taken for a walk!Scientific matters are difficult to fake.In the laboratory, everything can be exposed!Sun Xiaodong quickly got up, took his computer, and went to his office.He walked straight to his desk, reached out, picked up the handset of the landline on the desk, and dialed the button on top.A few seconds later, a voice came from the handset."Old Sun, what's up?"The one who answered the phone was Li Miaolin from the Huake Plasma Research Institute, also the overall head of China's controllable nuclear fusion device."I have a paper here. Can you help me verify the authenticity of the content, especially the two new materials mentioned in it?""Two new materials? Send it to me, and I'll ask Shen Bingkai to take a look.""Okay, hurry up and give me a reply."Suppressing the excitement in his heart, Sun Xiaodong sent the paper to Li Miaolin and anxiously awaited a response.In the waiting process, he began to contemplate what impact these two new materials, if real, would have on the field of nuclear fusion.This was not just a significant discovery in the scientific community but could potentially lead to a huge leap in the field of energy.At the same time, he silently felt proud of his student He Zhiyong, if all of this turned out to be true.Soon after, Li Miaolin's reply came: "Sun, these two new materials do exist, and we have already begun to study their properties and potential applications. This is a remarkable discovery!"Upon hearing this news, Sun Xiaodong was thrilled. His intuition told him that this could be a world-changing moment.As this groundbreaking research became gradually publicized, the scientific community and the energy sector were thrown into a sensation. He Zhiyong's name also became widely known due to this paper, making him the center of attention for many.This breakthrough research result is expected to lead humanity into a new era of energy, and He Zhiyong has thereby joined the ranks of the scientific elite.

Controlled nuclear fusion seems to be within reach! He carefully reread the paper sent by He Zhiyong, discovering new insights once again.

Both the Tokamak and the Imitation Star are inertial magnetic confinement devices. So theoretically, they can both achieve controlled nuclear fusion reactions. However, the Tokamak device is constrained by its calibration rate, making it impossible to miniaturize. In simple terms, the larger the Tokamak device, the more likely it is to complete nuclear fusion reactions. This means that the Tokamak device cannot be too small. Therefore, He Zhiyong's paper also annotated the method of achieving controlled nuclear fusion in the Imitation Star!

Sun Xiaodong read the paper meticulously, and during transmission, he labeled the document as top secret! "Demonstration of Controlled Nuclear Fusion Technology - He**" Top Secret. Files labeled top secret by him would be thoroughly erased from the internet by the cyber forces!

"Professor Sun has received the document!" Seeing his computer mouse acting independently, opening the folder, deleting the paper, and then directly blue-screening, He Zhiyong thought that Professor Sun Xiaodong had definitely received his paper, and the other party attached great importance to it. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a hacker deleting the paper from his computer. However, this operation was beyond the ordinary! Quite spectacular! But since the other party had received it, he should get some rest. Staying up all night was really uncomfortable!

Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Materials Research Institute. Shen Bingkai, as the director of the institute, was personally working on the production of a certain material. This surprised the intern research students at the institute.

"What is Director Shen doing? The experiment recorder hasn't even been turned on?" "I don't know, maybe he's making some kind of material?" "What material? It's so mysterious, not letting us get close?" Ignoring other researchers from a distance, Shen Bingkai continued to carefully operate the expensive instrument in his hands.

Just now, Li Miaolin sent two top-secret materials, saying that these were new materials required by the military for experiments, with a secrecy level of top secret. They needed a preliminary result today.

Receiving the order, Shen Bingkai skipped his classes, leaving a group of confused students behind, and hurriedly returned to the research institute. After all, anything related to the military couldn't be taken lightly.

The two materials provided were, first, a high-temperature-resistant nanoceramic material. While its production was relatively straightforward, Shen had never seen such a combination of components. The honeycomb structure of ceramic material was filled with nanomaterials, creating a standard nano-ceramic block the size of a regular brick. Surprisingly, its surface's heat resistance couldn't be measured. In his laboratory, the highest heat he could generate was ten thousand degrees, and the nano-ceramic showed no reaction to such extreme temperatures. What was even more astonishing was that, when subjected to high temperatures, the embedded honeycomb layer would constrain the neutrons within the nanostructure. "This is truly... miraculous!"

With this material, what fear was there of high temperatures? What fear was there of neutron irradiation? As for the other material, it was even more extraordinary – a room-temperature superconductive material formed by three layers of graphene bent at 0.9° into a helical state. "Has the military's technological development reached such a level?" Shen Bingkai now wore an expression of disbelief. If the military's technological development had indeed reached this level, where did that leave him, the top materials scientist in Z country?

Currently, the only known room-temperature superconductive material was developed in a laboratory at the University of Rochester. This material was created by subjecting hydrogen, carbon, and sulfur elements to conditions of 267 billion pascals of pressure within a diamond anvil. However, 267 billion pascals of pressure were unrealistic for this material. It simply didn't meet the conditions for practical use. Nevertheless, scientists regarded it as the "Holy Grail" of physics! If those scientists knew that a completely room-temperature superconductive material had emerged, they might immediately discard the previous "Holy Grail."

"No, this material must not be revealed!" Shen Bingkai's expression now turned grim. He was well aware that almost all laboratories worldwide were pursuing compounds with particle states and electron rotation speeds consistent with the pursuit of room-temperature superconductors. It was unexpected that just graphene alone could meet the standard for room-temperature superconductivity! Without any hesitation, Shen Bingkai completely deleted the data from this experiment on the instrument.

This kind of thing needed to be kept completely confidential; no one could be allowed to know. With this material, Z country would undoubtedly surpass others in controlled nuclear fusion in the future. The country that had strayed down the wrong path in research would take a long time to discover the problem! This gave Z country a tremendous opportunity, creating a gap with other nations!

Advanced materials, advanced chips, advanced engines – these were all advantages that M country had taken the lead in. However, as the United States reached the current peak of science without any qualitative change, it could be overtaken by later countries at any time. Controlled nuclear fusion represented that qualitative change! Why did Z country invest so heavily in controlled nuclear fusion? Because this was the "steam engine" of the new era, the protagonist of the next era! If Western countries were to master controlled nuclear fusion technology first, Z country would not only miss the Age of Discovery but might also miss the interstellar age! Once missed, Hua country could face the risk of invasion again!

The memories of a century of humiliation were still fresh. Shen Bingkai dared not forget! Fortunately, Z country had now taken the lead in possessing room-temperature superconductive materials and high-temperature-resistant nanoceramic materials. With a little more effort, they might directly enter the interstellar age!

"Having such materials is truly a blessing for Z country!" Deleting all the experimental data, Shen Bingkai was still somewhat in a dream, unable to believe that this was real! Although he was a materials researcher, the field of nuclear physics had been complaining about the absence of these two materials in the world. Now, they had truly appeared!

"Hahaha!" That was the sound of his joyful laughter! He had studied under Shi Changxu, and the old man's lifelong goal was to catch up with the materials science of M country! Influenced by this, Shen Bingkai also aspired to strengthen the materials of Z country! However, unexpectedly, under various twists and turns, he had achieved the goal of surpassing M country in his hands!

ChatGPT can make mistakes. Consider checking important information.