Departmental Meeting

"Haha, good! I never thought that us old guys could also share some good fortune!"In response to He Zhiyong's enthusiastic invitation, Zhou Deqian and others initially declined a few times but eventually accepted. After all, conquering the AIDS virus! This would go down in history, world history!Facing such temptation, even someone reserved would be moved!In an instant, the atmosphere in the office became more lively. Previously, they helped He Zhiyong from the perspective of teachers. Now, as co-authors, they naturally became more invested!...Huazhong University of Science and Technology, the conference room.Dozens of members from the Plasma Research Institute and professors from the Nuclear Physics Institute took their seats."Everyone, the reason I called you here today is to verify a controlled nuclear fusion proposal!""This is a detailed plan provided by an undergraduate student, and on the table are the specific contents of the plan and some information about the student."Sitting in the first seat, Li Miaolin, with a solemn expression, spoke into the microphone.He convened this meeting to have experts of equal rank evaluate the document.However, as soon as he finished speaking, the quiet conference room erupted into a buzz. Many brought-in experts and professors began discussing."......??""Did I hear it correctly?""What's wrong with Director Li? Why does he need to convene a whole institute meeting for this?!""Ah... EAST's experiments have stopped again, and we have to work overtime today to catch up.""These two documents are serious! Top secret! And these blacked-out contents... What's that?""He Zhiyong, Biochemistry major... Wait... Biochemistry major???"The researchers began to discuss in hushed tones, with some even complaining that Li Miaolin was making a fuss over nothing.Some of them were members of the Plasma Research Institute, and their research tasks were already heavy. Every day, they either guarded the equipment or prepared to guard the equipment. Having a meeting during working hours without affecting the work progress was rare and easy to complain about, especially for a paper on controlled nuclear fusion written by a student from the Biochemistry department.Li Miaolin also anticipated the current situation. He coughed twice forcefully, suppressing the noisy discussions in the meeting room."This is a specific plan for controllable nuclear fusion.""Both I and Director Sun Xiaodong have reviewed this plan!""It has high execution capability. We invited everyone here to discuss it so that we don't miss out."Listening to Li's explanation, all the professors in the room showed a touch of surprise on their faces.High execution capability?! Discuss with them?!This was Li Miaolin, the overall person in charge of nuclear fusion, and Sun Xiaodong, the director of the Plasma Research Institute!Especially Li Miaolin, it was extremely rare for him to consult with others.In just a few words, all the professors in the room showed a strong curiosity.They were very interested in what was so special about this proposal. It actually made Li Miaolin, this "big Buddha," come down!"Bang!"The door of the meeting room was pushed open directly.Several middle-aged men in dark green military uniforms walked in one after another.

The leader had a determined expression on his face, radiating seriousness. His eyes were deep, and locking gaze with him gave off a sensation of being seen through.

Upon seeing the newcomer, the professors in the conference room collectively took in a sharp breath. The military had also joined the meeting!

"Everyone is here!" With the arrival of the newcomer, Li Miaolin nodded and gestured for him to sit beside him.

"Now that everyone is present, shall we begin?"

"Guards, distribute the materials."

Since the military personnel, dressed in military uniforms, took their seats, the entire conference room fell silent. Now they knew what the blacked-out portions in the document contained—it was the highest level of classified information!

Apart from the seated military personnel, several guards also stood at the entrance. They received orders to take out a stack of papers from their briefcases, distributing them to each person. The curious professors took a closer look and realized it was a confidentiality agreement, and a top-level one at that!

"You can call me Ma Weixing. Throughout the entire meeting, signal blocking will be in effect, and no one except the military is allowed to record anything."

The man who called himself Ma Weixing was a technical officer, holding the rank of Major General. His orders were unquestionable.

"Does the military also have a part in this? Could it be... is the proposal from this student in the biochemistry department true?"

While the professors below were in shock, Li Miaolin stood up with a smile and guided Ma Weixing to stand beside him.

"Alright, everyone, sign the confidentiality agreement. We are about to discuss the contents inside."

The military's involvement was something Li Miaolin arranged. As the overall head of the nuclear fusion project, he had connections with a secret research institute within the military. After handing over the two materials, they immediately garnered the military's attention. The military took control of the matter after successfully conducting experiments. Therefore, Ma Weixing became the actual organizer of the meeting, but for the professors, it was announced that Li Miaolin was leading the discussion. After all, due to the classified nature of the project, these professors had no knowledge of who Ma Weixing really was. Even his original name was just an alias. For the sake of national defense and secret projects, there were many individuals like him who spent their entire lives under assumed names! The professors were aware of the gravity of the situation and quickly signed their names on the confidentiality agreement.

After the guards collected the confidentiality agreements, Ma Weixing nodded lightly towards Li Miaolin. Li Miaolin instantly became alert, and after acknowledging Ma Weixing, he began to speak, "Now that everyone has signed, shall we proceed with the meeting?"

Turning to survey the entire room, he reached behind and opened the projector. In the next moment, several high-definition images appeared on the screen in the conference room.

"Everyone, this is the proposal written by the student from the biochemistry department that you've been talking about!"

...

"Ding, ding, ding..."

Subsequently, the entire conference room was filled only with the sound of the wall clock's second hand ticking. Each professor furrowed their brows, carefully examining the contents projected on the screen.

Yao Tianming, who was the designated head of the upcoming Tokamak experiment, also known as "Eastern Superloop II," had a complex expression at this moment.

"How is it, Old Yao?" Li Miaolin, noticing Yao Tianming's unusual expression, thought he might have some objections. So, he asked in a lowered voice, "Is there any problem with the part of the proposal that has been released?"

Yao Tianming withdrew his gaze with a complicated expression, giving Li Miaolin a strange look. "Completely impractical! Igniting directly with a laser generator, no material can withstand a temperature of one hundred million degrees! Although the laser generator can instantly reach the ignition temperature, it would directly melt the inner wall of the reactor!"

Yao Tianming spoke with a serious expression. A Tokamak, worth tens of billions of dollars, couldn't afford such jokes!

"Haha! Leaving aside these material issues, can you tell me if this theoretical part of the proposal is feasible?"

Due to the impact of the confidentiality agreement, Li Miaolin and the others couldn't disclose information about the high-temperature-resistant nanoceramic material. Therefore, they had to ask questions in a roundabout way.

"???" Faced with Li Miaolin's peculiar question, Yao Tianming slowly typed out several question marks.

Are you not talking about the facts at all?

Without considering material issues, he could conjure up nuclear fusion with his bare hands!