Chapter 12

At the top of the stairs outside the Hall of Warriors, Shifu looks upon the valley, awaiting his fate. In the valley below, the lights from the evacuation make their way out of the valley. In a blink of Shifu's eyes, Tai Lung and Friends appears before him.

Tai Lung: "I have come home, Master."

Shifu: "This is no longer your home. And I am no longer your master."

Tai Lung: "Yes. You have a new favorite. So where is this... Po and Friends? [Chuckles] Did I scare him off?"

Daniel: "Yeah Tell us Where They are Or Will Fight You"

Shifu: "This battle is between you You're Friends and me."

Tai Lung: "So... [Tai Lung turns his back on Shifu.] That is how it's going to be?"

Shifu: "That is how it must be. [Puts himself in a kung fu position.]"

Tai Lung and Friends looks back at him... and then attacks. The two battle. Tai Lung and Friends punches Shifu clean through the doors of the Jade Palace. Shifu recovers himself quickly and faces his former student. Tai Lung and Friends enters, his face a mask of pure fury.

Tai Lung: "I rotted in jail for twenty years because of your weakness!"

Shifu: "Obeying your master is not weakness!"

Tai Lung: "You knew I was the Dragon Warrior! You always knew..."

Dissolve to FLASHBACK. In the Hall of Warriors, Shifu presents Tai Lung to Master Oogway. Both a slightly younger Tai Lung and Shifu look expectant. Oogway gives Shifu a look. Shifu is dismayed.

Tai Lung: "But when Oogway said otherwise, what did you do? What did you do?!"

Tai Lung looks to Shifu who averts his eyes and the past dissolves into the present.

Tai Lung: "NOTHING!"

Shifu: "You and You're Friends were not meant to be the Dragon Warrior! That was not my fault!"

Tai Lung: "[Points at Shifu] NOT YOUR FAULT?!"

Enraged, Tai Lung knocks over the kung fu artifacts and throws them at Shifu.

Tai Lung: "WHO FILLED MY HEAD WITH DREAMS?! WHO DROVE ME TO TRAIN UNTIL MY BONES CRACKED?! WHO DENIED ME MY DESTINY?!"

Shifu dodges each attack. Tai Lung kicks a sword at him, and Shifu counters it and redirects it into the floor.

Shifu: "It was never my decision to make!"

Tai Lung growls and leaps for the next artefact. He pauses as recognises Oogway's staff. Realising what this means, he picks it up and faces Shifu.

Tai Lung: "It is now."

Angered, Shifu finally goes on the offensive. They fight. Tai Lung pins Shifu down with the staff by the throat.

Tai Lung: "Give... me... the scroll!"

Shifu: "I would rather die!"

They struggle for a beat until finally, the staff snaps in half. Shifu looks back at the pieces and a flutter of peach tree petals fly by. Caught off guard, Shifu gets kicked by Tai Lung into the wall. Shifu leaps from column to column, pursued by Tai lung. Shifu eventually jumps to the rafters and Tai Lung follows and sends them both crashing through the roof. Lightning flashes. Grappling in mid-air, Shifu briefly gets the upper hand before Tai Lung gets his paws around Shifu's throat as they crash back through the roof. They kick apart. Shifu crashes into a column, falls to the floor and lands hard. Tai Lung bounces off the wall, knocking a lantern to the floor. Blue flames go everywhere. Tai Lung's arms are aflame as he charges at Shifu with a roar. Shifu struggles to block his punches.