Chapter 9

After crying for a couple of hours, Brahms was dead silent. "Brahms?" He just stares at me.

"My life is....entertainment..."he says, sounding slightly angry.

"Well....yeah..." I say, waiting for his reaction. He sits there, not looking at me anymore, quiet. The only noise in the whole house is the faint drip of a tap.

"I'm not.....real?" He mumbles. I don't know if I should have told him or not anymore. Maybe I should have not given more trauma....NAH! "People think the fire.....is amusing?" He says, clenching his fist. I open my mouth to speak, but he gives me a quick and dangerous glance. He's furious.

He jumps up, and his breathing is hard. Shoot....

"So..." I think of what to say....shoot, what do I say?......"You like jazz?"

"Leave...." Brahms says, suddenly.

"Wot?" I ask, and Brahms just repeats.

"Leave...now" I know when it's my cue, so I stand up and head for the door. "NEVER come back..." I turn around.

"Excuse me?! Don't start a fight. I'm leaving so you don't have to be more dramatic, " I say, hands on hips. Brahms slowly looks to me.

"Who do you think -" he begins before I cut him off.

"Now you listen here!" He goes silent. "I don't care if this is your house. You need to show me respect. I'm already leaving, so don't try to act like you are oh so intimidating. Alright? You are a grown man. Not a child. Act like it, " I say, turning back to the door.

I walk through the already opened door and hear light thudding behind me. I turn around, and all I see is Brahms launching at me before it goes black.

I open my eyes, and I am back in that place again, that dark void. "Congratulations, you survived. And I pulled you back just in time too, " a woman's voice says. I look around, but I can't see anyone. "Oh, right! Let me turn on the light....hang on..." She says, and I can hear footsteps. I wait a couple of seconds before a bright light in front of me appears. It looms over a desk with a blonde woman sitting there. I walk up to her.

"Hello? Do you know where I am?" I ask. The woman smiles.

"Sup. You are in....well...kinda the place where dead people are..." she says, itching her head.

"I'M DEAD!?" I scream, shocked. No... I can't be... dead. She starts to laugh.

"You're not dead. I just brought you to where people end up when they die." I look around, but everything is black.

"What happened to the heaven and hell thing?"I ask, looking back at the woman. "Also, who are you?" I ask. The woman opens a file and takes out a paper, and lays it down next to another on her desk. She grabs a big red stamp and presses it down on the first one. 'Survived' it says it red.

"One. This is where people get sorted to heaven or hell. Two. I go by many names. Deus, Dios, Kami, atua, but most people call me God, " she says, leaning closer on the desk, looking at me.

"So...God is a woman?" I ask. She leans back, feet on the desk.

"Not necessarily. I can be anything, a man, a woman, a cow, a snake. Really, anything. Watch this" and she snaps her fingers and her hair turns brown. The hair shrinks and she gets taller. Her eyes turn a Hazel brown. "See? I can be anything, anyone" God says waiting for my response.

"So...why am I here?" I ask.

"Bets" He replies.

"What?"

"I made a bet on you, with Lucifer" He says casually. I open my mouth to speak but he puts his hands up. "I'm not gonna tell you what the bet is, because that is interfering with the bet." He grabs the second piece of paper on the desk and reads it. I stand there, not sure what to do. "Ahh! You have an interesting killer next..." he says while still reading.

"Wait...I have to do that again?" I ask.

"Yep. But everytime it's somone different" He says putting the paper down. "I'll send you there now then" He says smiling.

"Wait!" I say but he snaps his fingers and I fall down, into the darkness. I am falling into nothing when I see something below. I squint my eyes, trying to figure out what it is. Water. I am about to fall into water. I pull my knees to my chest as I plunge onto the lake. I resurface, gasping for air when I hear people screaming.

"WOOO!" A man yells as he jumps off the dock, into the water. I look around and there are two girls and three guys in the lake, splashing eachother. A slim, brown hair girl looks at me, smiling.

"What are you doing all the way over there? Come here!" She says laughing. I swim over to her. "So glad we came here" she says as she smiles warmly.

"Right...and where is here?" I ask.

"You good? It's camp crystal lake Remember?" She says confused.

...Shit.....

Well that's the end of this book, I'm in the making of book 2! So I'm gonna be annoying

tO bE cOnTiNuEd!!!

BTW work count is: 896 Check my account for the second book, if it's not there it's because I'm still writing...slaving over my phone.. 😔