| 2 |

Lando's pov

Lando's pov

I walked through the garage with a smile. "Morning" I said to my mechanics, before continuing further inside.

It was gonna be a good day. I could feel it.

I was starting P2, and now I had someone new cheering me on... I'd struggled to sleep the whole night, Emmas smile inside my head keeping me up.

I came to a sudden halt as I heard 2 voices speaking intensely together. At first I couldn't recognize them, leading me to take a step forward.

And then it clicked in my head... It was Susan.

I stood completely still for a moment. I should leave. I knew it, and yet I continued to stay in the exact same place.

I could make out their voices now, hear what they were saying and how the emotion slowly grew in them...

"I need it Micheal." Susan argued. Micheal was boss for everyone inside the garage, which meant Susan as well.

"I can't give it to you Susan, I'm sorry." Michael replied, irritation clear in his tone. I knew this was none of my business, but I was way too intrigued...

"Micheal you don't understand, this is urgent, if I don't get the money I-" Susan said back in a quiet tone, but there was a scary intensity to her voice.

I furrowed my brows, as I leaned against the door that lead inside the room where they were standing. Money?

I wouldn't assume Susan needed money, this was usually a high paying job. But then my mind flashed to Emmas hotel.. No one with just a bit of money would voluntarily sleep in that hotel, let alone area of Belgium.

"Susan I can't get you the money!" Micheal shouted at her, stopping her before she could finish her sentence.

I could feel my own anger rise. Susan shouldn't be spoken to like that.

"Well what am I supposed to do then Micheal?!" Susan yelled back, but her voice wasn't coated in anger.

Instead she sounded like she was in pain, sorrow almost. Silence fell for a moment, a tension that I could feel all the way outside, rising inside the room.

"I don't know Susan, it's your problem to deal with.." Micheal replied coldly, almost emotionless. My heart ached for Susan. I had no idea how to, but I wanted to help.

"So you're telling me to just let my daughter suffer?!" Susan suddenly shouted, her voice cracking with a heart wrenching sorrow.

I suddenly stopped breathing.

Emma?...Suffering?

Now I was pushing my ear against the door, desperate to find out Emmas involvement in all of this.

"Of course not Susan.." I could hear Micheal mumble in response. "But what do you want me to do?" Micheal helplessly told her, sadness coating his voice as well now.

"I just want your help.." Susan answered quietly. "I can't handle seeing Emma like this anymore" She admitted, a silent cry escaping her lips.

My heart might've stopped for a moment.

I barely knew Emma, we'd know each other under 24 hours and yet... I cared about her, a lot.

Not thinking straight in any sort of way, I suddenly grabbed the door handle. Pushing the door open, Susans head suddenly snapped towards me.

She wiped her tears in record speed. My mouth suddenly went extremely dry. "I'm sorry, I just walked by and.." Slowly, I lost my words, watching Susans face drop.

I wasn't supposed to have heard any of that.

"I want to help. I can help Susan." I managed to get out, trying to look as confident as you possibly can, when you feel the exact opposite.

"No, no Lando. Forget whatever you heard, it was nothing" She quickly said, attempting to force me out of the room once again.

But I stood my ground. I was going to help, whether she wanted it or not.

"If it's something with Emma, I'll help. I have more than enough money to help" I insisted, looking right into Susans eyes, that I recognized all too well as Emmas.

"Oh Lando.." Susan simply said, looking down at me with a sad smile. "The money is just a small part of the problem" She admitted, tears glazing in her eyes.

"Then let me help, please" I kept insisting, pleading for Susan to let me do anything to help. I didn't even know what the problem was, but I could feel that it was serious, meaningful...

"Lando you can't help.." Susan said before taking in a deep breath. "Emma is sick." She finally said.

My heart sunk.

Sick?

It terrified me deeply that Susan didn't continue, didn't give any further information. That could only mean one thing.

This was serious.

I swallowed hardly, suddenly lost for words. Both Micheal and Susan stared at me, as silence fell between us.

The Emma I'd already gotten to know, had shown no signs of anything being wrong, and know I got told that was she sick..?

"What can I do to help? I'll do anything Susan, please" I tried one last time. I wanted to help, I needed to help.

Susan shined a sad smile at me, almost like she pitied me, but shook her head no.

I was about to continue pleading when suddenly.. I had the perfect idea. I couldn't hold back the smile that immediately crept up my lips.

"What?" Susan asked, furrowing her brows at me in confusion. I couldn't tell her my plan, she wouldn't allow me to do this...

But I had to. For Emma.

"I have the perfect idea" I told her, giving her quick smile, before I reached out for the door once again. Susan immediately started a worried ramble, but I forgot to listen to her.

I was already starting to plan my surprise for Emma.