| The end |

Nothing more than a week after the funeral of his great love, Lando Norris stepped into his Mclaren again, ready for the Dutch GP

Sources close to him said he was, "devastated" and "heartbroken." Those sources were true.

The boy could barely function, every second of his day spent thinking about Emma. Her smile, her sweet laughter, the last words she'd told him...

It haunted him. But it didn't stop him.

Lando Norris shocked the world, and put himself on pole position. He had a mission, a promise even.

So he sat there in the Mclaren, waiting for the lights to turn off and the race to start. Susan spoke to him through his radio, a woman he'd grown to love deeply, although she too haunted him in a way.

Emma had looked just like her.

Lando pressed down the speeder, as the red lamps turned off and the race begun. Behind him was Max Verstappen, in the powerful redbull.

Normally that would scare him, but it didn't anymore. All Lando could think about, even see, was Emma.

The image of her, laying there completely still in his childhood bed that morning, never left him. It followed him everywhere he went.

So as Lando sped through the sharp corners, the whole world watching him, cheering him on, he barely even felt present.

He was in another place, with another girl.

"Great pace Lando, keep it up" Susan told him through the radio. Even her voice reminded him of his Emms.

The words Susan had told him at the funeral, had stayed with him as well. He was sure they'd stay with him his whole life.

He remembered the moment clearly, almost too clearly. He'd been sobbing. So uncontrollably that he'd had to be hold up by his father.

The press caught horrific pictures of it, that would be plastered in every magazine around the world, another painful reminder for him of what had happened.

Eventually Susan had walked up to him. She was better at keeping herself together, only a few tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Lando?" She'd gently called to him, as he sobbed into his fathers embrace. He'd forced himself to stop, and look over at her.

At this point in time, Susans face was still physically painful for him to look at. But he forced his eyes forward.

"You saved my daughters life. You know that right?" She'd told him. He'd been confused and furrowed his brows, causing tears to return down his cheeks.

"Before she met you, she was giving up." Susan responded. She then started to break as well, slowly. "The doctor said she only had a week left."

Susans voice cracked and broke as she spoke, but she insisted on telling Lando this, even if she was sobbing through her words.