| 12 |

When we'd finished dinner, everyone slowly went into their separate bedrooms

When we'd finished dinner, everyone slowly went into their separate bedrooms. Or well everyone besides me and Lando.

They were all jet lagged, and fell asleep almost the second their head landed on the pillow. Which left me and Lando alone in the living room that simmered with silence.

"You looked happy today" Lando broke the silence first. He was still sitting at the dining table, looking through pictures he'd taken on his camera.

I smiled to him over my shoulder, placing the plates in the dishwasher. "I could say the same about you" I responded, continuing to load the dishwasher.

I could hear Landos chair scrape against the floorboards, as he suddenly got up. "You don't have to do that Emma" He said, stepping in between me and the dishwasher.

I softly laughed, trying to get past Lando. "Someone has to do it" I lightly told him, gently pushing him, in an attempt to put a glass in the dishwasher.

But Lando blocked me from doing so, smiling sillily at me. "And that someone will not be you" Lando responded, taking the glass out of my hand.

Realizing that I would not give this up, Lando softly grasped his hands on each side of my ribs. "No Lando, don't" I warned him through giggles, but he couldn't care less.

Lando lifted me up, showing no signs of struggle as he started walking. "This is a vacation, you should relax" Lando told me, as he carried me out on the deck.

My attention slipped away, as I noticed the sky. It was painted beautifully in orange and yellow colors, the sun setting just above the water in the horizon.

When I came back to reality, Lando had put me down in the large hammock, that overlooked the ocean perfectly.

"It's beautiful" I said, still not looking away from the sky. A smaller boat passed by in the distance, a large group of people seated on it.

I smiled as I looked at them. You could faintly hear their music blaring; a horrible remix of a Taylor Swift song, that had been attempted to be made into a club song. 

"Eh, I think my view is significantly prettier" Lando mumbled, gaining my attention. He stared down at me, a camera raised to his eye.

A flushed smile unraveled on my lips, as I tried to ignore his compliment. "Stop it" I said with light snigger, dragging out my words.

Lando clearly didn't get the memo, his smile growing behind the camera, as he took a step forwards. I could hear him clicking away on the camera, and it made me nervous.

I couldn't help but worry about how horrible those pictures were. I was laying in a freaking hammock, my hair was a tangled mess and I could almost feel my eye bags weighing down the rest of my face.

"Lando I look horrible" I complained, raising my hand to block his camera. Finally, he lowered the camera, staring at me for a moment.

"Are you kidding me?" Lando asked. "Come here"
He added, grabbing my hand and sitting down on the deck, where a couple of soft cushions laid.