| 17 |

My ears rang with a high pitched, absolutely horrible, sound

My ears rang with a high pitched, absolutely horrible, sound. But slowly the tone faded out, revealing a pair of voices.

Where the fuck am I? And why can't I open my eyes...?

"She's the sweetest girl at school" Someone said. It might've been Noah, I was unsure.

"She isn't very forgiving, is she?" That was definitely Lando. I think I'd be able to recognize his voice at any given moment, in any situation.

There was silence for a couple of seconds. I didn't like that. "Depends on what you did mate.." Oh yeah it was definitely Noah.

"I guess I lied I to her, but it was meant in a good way" Lando replied, and I suddenly realized they were talking about me.

Now I was even more puzzled as to where the fuck I was. "Fucking hell.." Noah mumbled, with a nervous chuckle.

I listened carefully. It was both wonderful and absolutely gruesome to hear people speak about you, while they think you can't hear them.

"That's probably the worst thing you can do.." Noah answered. "Emma values trust over everything. It really hits her when someone then breaks it" Noah said. It felt so weird to hear someone else explain something I was struggling with.. But he was right.

"Archie once told me that Emma puts on a tough facade for the rest of the world; she seems strong, almost unbreakable, but once you get under her skin, you'll learn she's the most fragile person you've ever met" Noah explained carefully.

I was afraid he was right, once again.

I felt a wet tear, slowly escape the corner of my eye. I tried to wipe it away, but it felt as if my whole body had gone limp.

Giving up, I focused on opening my eyes instead. I tried, and tried..

and finally..

A bright, harsh light immediately met me. After a couple of seconds, I learned that it was just the celling lamp.

Struggling, I forced myself to look around.

And there he was. Curls a striking mess, eyes tired and painful, Lando abruptly got up from his chair.

"You're awake" He whispered, more to himself than me. I couldn't respond. Instead I focused on my surroundings.

Behind Lando, as I'd predicted, Noah was sat. He got up from his chair as well now. He smiled widely, just like he always did. I wanted to smile back.

Unfortunately I couldn't.

I observed the room, quickly discovering we were in Landos bedroom. Even though I was eventually used to it, I couldn't help but look at all the wires attached to me.

What happened..?

Slowly, a simmering feeling went through my body, causing me to slowly gain feeling in my body once again. Unfortunately, a pounding headache followed.