CHAPTER 5 "Iruma's Thoughts"

When Iruma found out he was a demon he felt relieved, and he thought it was fine that he didn't have wings. He was already used to not having them, but he still felt a bit upset by not having one.

It was explained to him that a demon's wing is a symbol of freedom, and he would have thought it was interesting if he wasn't confused at the moment.

He was fine with not having wings but others don't think it's acceptable.

"I'm fine Grandpa, it's no big deal"

Iruma said nonchalantly. Opera and Sullivan looked at Iruma before Sullivan sobbed again.

"MY GRANDSON IS TOO INNOCENT HOW DARE THEY CLIPPED HIM"

"Iruma sama, it might not look like it but it is a big deal. It's such a big deal that if it was revealed there would be chaos in this school"

"Eh?"

Iruma looked at them still confused.

"it's no big deal, really"

Iruma said as he waved his hands in a dismissing way. It only made them more upset but Iruma continued to speak.

"Honestly I felt relieved"

Opera and Sullivan turned white and were stunned.

"MY GRANDSON IT'S OKAY TO SAY YOU'RE SAD"

"Iruma sama, it ok"

Both Iruma's guardians were with Iruma, Opera was patting his head while Sullivan was clinging to him like a hungry leech. And Iruma looked a bit overwhelmed but he still spoke.

"No, I am! I'm not sad I'm relieved"

Sullivan continued to cry and Opera lifted Iruma a luttle. But this didn't stop Iruma from saying what he needed to say.

"I'm relieved that I'm a demon, honestly I don't mind not having any wings"

Opera and Sullivan stop, and Opera then puts Iruma down. This time they were willing to listen and this calmed and reassured Iruma.

"when I first got here I thought I was human and I was scared, really scared because I might get eaten if I was found out. And then came my friends, I really care about them a lot and I know they cared about me but, I still felt scared..."

Iruma said as he looked at his Guardians.

"I was scared that if they found out, I'd lose them again and be alone"

"But you..."

Sullivan was about to say something but Opera stopped him politely and let Iruma continue.

"I've always done things alone in the human world and it was normal for me, but when I came here in the Netherworld I had you and Opera and then later I met Azz Azz, Clara, and my classmates, and because of that I finally began exploring and learning a lot of things. I was really happy here and I didn't wanna lose that. I care about you guys"

Opera ears twitched as his tail wagged and Sullivan was sobbing.

"So when I found out I was a demon I felt relieved, even if I had no wings anymore. It meant that I don't have to hide things about myself anymore, well at least the fact that I came from the human world.. BUT STILL!..."

"It means I can stay here, where my real home is"

Iruma said with a bright smile as he looked at the two demons in front of him

"I'M REALLY HAPPY I'M A DEMON"

Sullivan rushed to give Iruma a hug, which he returned and Opera had a napkin wiping his tears away before hugging Iruma.

"I'm so happy too Iruma kun"

"mhm"

Iruma hummed as he was hugged by the person who saved him from his awful parents.

This moment was worth capturing, a happy little family, a very happy Demon family

____________________

Border Control came, and Henri was there in the school. He interviewed the Sullivan household and some teachers. It was kinda tough since Henri was very serious.

Henri would have put Sullivan in jail for messing with the human world. If his explanation wasn't valid, well Sullivans Reason was valid, he was summoned and Iruma was sold to him. He would still be in jail for accepting the offer but since Iruma was a demon that was saved from a harsh environment he let this off.

In any case Henri would still let it off depending on Iruma's thought and opinion. If he wants to go back or not.

Well now it was nearly impossible for Iruma to want to go back, this was his real home and he had many friends and people who care about him, and most of all

He was no longer alone.

____________________

Henri then talked to Iruna privately about the status of his wings

They were outside and Henri and Iruma were sitting in a bench. It was tense and no one spoke a word.

"Umm I.."

"Iruma..."

Henri interrupted Iruma, as he looked at him sternly.

"You do know that it's a great concern for demons to not have wings at all."

"..."

Iruma was silent as he looked at the filled in view

"Yeah" but thats ok"

That's all Iruma said. Henri looked at field as well. It was kinda peaceful.

"You know even if your a demon, this will prove to make it difficult to still be part of them. Wings is still something demons use and sometimes it is something they bond over"

"..."

Iruma looked at his hands and to Henri.

"I don't really mind not having wings"

"I'm used to not having them and I think I can live without them"

Iruma said with a smile on his face.

"And I have people who will look out for me too, I don't have to worry as much as before"

Henri looked at Iruma as he fix his glasses. As he showed a content smile before turning neutral again.

"Very well then, if you have any trouble adjusting or your really in trouble, don't be afraid to call border control or any trusted adult for that matter"

As he bows down to Iruma and saying

"May you have the rest of the day, I must be going now"

Henri turned back as he goes walks his way to the exit.

Iruma was left and he looked at the field one more time as he smiled.

Sullivan and Opera came to him soon enough practically founding all over him. Sullivan crying and hugging his Grandson and Opera on the side watching them as they finally go home.