Chapter 3

Onyx's POV
"I-I'm not okay. I had to do Ava's homework again."

"What? You know she's taking advantage of you right?"

"I know but she's my sister and I love her."

"I know but that doesn't mean you should do everything she asks you to do."

I went through my locker then closed it. I locked it then pulled on the lock.

"Did you get those books you were talking about?"

"No. I couldn't. Ava needed her math homework done."

"Goddamn...you can't keep letting her do this to you."

"What am I supposed to do? Let her fail?"

"Yes. That's exactly what you do. You let her do shit on her own."

I shrugged. All I wanted to do was go to the bookstore and buy those books. Someone rang the doorbell and I walked to the front door. I saw Buckley.

"Buck? What're you doing here?"

He handed me a plastic shopping bag.

"I went and bought those books for you."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I know how much you wanted them."

"Do you wanna come in?"

"Only for like an hour or two."

He walked inside and I closed the door then locked it. We sat in the living room and talked until he needed to leave.

Saturday came around and he actually showed up!!

I was so excited!

We got in his car and he brought us to the mall. We wandered around for hours. It was actually really nice.

He brought me back to my house after.  I was about to get out of his car when I had an impulsive thought...

I kissed his cheek. I was about to open the car door when he pulled me closer to him. He kissed my neck.

My face was on fire.

"See ya tomorrow."

"Huh?"

"I'm gonna take you somewhere to eat."

The next day, he brought me to an amazing restaurant.

"Woah!"

I couldn't stop thanking him. I don't think...I deserve something like that.

A few weeks later, I woke up in the middle of the night with cramps. I got out of bed and went to my bathroom. I threw a pad on then went back to bed.

Me and Ava sometimes get our periods at the same time.

She tends to complain about it for the full week. Me on the other hand? I force myself to get through the day. I rarely stay home because of it.

I bring extra pairs of pants to school just in case, I end up leaking.

I woke up that morning with a horrible cramp. I couldn't physically move. I texted my mom since I couldn't get out of bed. She walked into my room with some painkillers.

"I'll go call you out of school for today."

"Okay. Thank you."

She bent down and kissed my forehead.