Chapter 9

Onyx's POV
I got hungry so I went to the kitchen. I grabbed a muffin then started eating it.

"Damn Nyxy! You look good today!"

"Thanks. I felt like doing something with my hair today."

"I didn't know you knew how to French braid."

"I kinda figured it out on my own. I used to mess around with my dolls. I would try different hairstyles."

"Damn! Do you wanna be a hairstylist after we graduate?"

"I don't know. I'd like to graduate before I decide anything."

"Fair point. You ready?"

"Yeah."

"Okay. Let's go."

We were walking when Georgina's car pulled up next to us. She honked the horn then rolled down her window.

"Hey! Want a ride?"

"Sure!"

I went to get in the car but saw there was no room.

"Oh well. Guess you're stuck walking."

She rolled up her window and drove away.

"This is a great way to start off my week. Fuck my life..."

I was waiting to cross the street when a car pulled up. A window rolled down. I looked at the car and saw Buckley.

"Baby? What're you doing walking by yourself? Where's Ava?"

"Oh uh..Gina just picked her up. There's no room in her car for me."

"Get in."

"Gladly!"

I opened the back door then jumped in. I closed the door then put my seatbelt on. Felix started driving.

"So let me get this straight, Georgina pulled up next to you, offered a ride, and just left you on the side of the road?"

"Yeah."

"Fucking hell...."

"So I'm gonna go ahead and assume that...Gina's gonna just drive Ava to school every morning. Can you guys start to bring me?"

"Yeah."

"Where's Katie?"

"She's at home."

"She didn't feel like getting outta bed."

Katie's their 14 year old sister. The high school and middle schools are both in the same building so we all technically go to the same place.

We got to school and Buckley parked in a spot. We hopped out of Buckley's car then he locked his car. We walked into school and went to our lockers. Buckley unlocked his locker and put his car keys on a shelf in the back of his locker.

I opened my locker and started doing what I had to. I started humming then he started humming. I nudged him.

"Copycat."

We both chucked.

"You're so adorable. I love being around you. I really do."

"I love being around you too. You make me really happy. I'm serious Bucky. You really do."