Chapter 14

Onyx's POV
I rushed into the hospital then found Bradley.

"Brad!"

I ran up to him.

"Where is he?"

"He's okay for the moment. He's in surgery."

"W-what? Surgery for what?"

"He fractured his wrist and ankle when...our father dropped him. H-he hit the ground pretty badly."

"H-his ankle? H-he's never gonna be able to play football anymore. H-he's gonna be crushed!"

We saw Buckley being wheeled into a room. When we were allowed to see him, we walked into his hospital room. He had an oxygen mask on. His left wrist was wrapped in bandages. His entire right foot was wrapped in bandages. His foot was on a stack of pillows. He had bruises all around his neck.

"Y-your father did this?"

"Jesus Christ....he's been abusive before but never like this. H-holy fuck...I-I gotta call ma."

"Where is she?"

"Distracting Kate. She's been blaming herself since he was defending her."

"What happened?"

"He heard Katie tell us that she kissed her best friend. I don't know what friend though. She didn't get the chance to tell us."

                                Buckley's POV
I opened my eyes and saw a white ceiling.

I'm alive?

Where the hell am I?

I looked around and saw monitors.

I'm in the hospital?

My throat is killing me.

I looked and saw my wrist and foot covered in bandages.

Guess....

I know what bones broke.

"Brad! He's awake!"

The first two people I saw were Onyx and Bradley.

"Oh thank god! You're okay!"

Onyx cupped my left cheek and started stroking my cheek with her thumb.

I lifted up my wrist.

"Your wrist and ankle were fractured. You got out of surgery an hour ago."

There goes my football career...

Fuck you Frank.

Fuck you.

Thank god...

I have mom's last name and not his.

"I love you Bucky."

I moved my oxygen mask down.

"I-I love you too."

Wow.

My voice is fucked up.

It better not stay like this.

Talking just hurt like hell too.