Ch-5

Shanaya's pov

It's been almost 4 days since Siddiquis  came to fix the date of our marriage. After that our families start doing marketing and planning for marriage they invite all our relatives and friends.

Today is my haldi so I wear all yellow outfits then one by one every one comes and applies me haldi (turmeric) . And as always my cousin doesn't leave any chance to tease me .  I try to protest but they never listen to me in this matter so I say to bhai "bhai please stop them " .

"Ok guys it's enough for today we have to tease her everyday so we can't use all our teasing talent here" says bhai to all my cousins.

"Bhaiii you too" I say with an annoying face.

"Yes di of course because now you have Aryan jiju who will protect you from us so we have to irritate you a little " says Zoya teasing. Then I make a sad face .

"Why are you making a sad face we all still love you Shanaya" says bhai and my all cousin says the same . Really I am gonna miss them all very badly.

After the haldi ceremony I come to my room to freshen up and take a good sleep because I am really tired. Then mumma come to my room and asks "feeling tired?".

"Yes mumma" I say and hug her .

"It's ok bacha it's only a matter of a few days then you will enjoy your life with Aaryan . Did you call him?" Mumma asks me .

"Ammm no mumma actually..." I say.

"Shanaya I told you to call him how many times " mumma says breaking the hug.

"Mumma I forget it and he also doesn't call me" I say but it comes like I am complaining about him.

"It's ok sha may be he also wants to talk to you but he is waiting for your call" mumma says.

"Why can't he call me" I say .

"Shanaya it's not wrong if you take the first step to call him" mumma says .

"Mumma he steals you from me that's why I ha..." I stop in the middle because I was going to say that I hate him but i control my mouth at the right time.

"Nothing is like that and so what if I support him not you he is going to be my son in law in a few days" mumma says teasingly.

"No mumma it's wrong" I say .

"Ok ok I love both of you" she says and kisses my forehead.

After chit chatting for few more time when everyone leave my room I call Aryan but he doesn't pick up my call so I doesn't try next time and I sleep .

Mehendi ceremony

Today is my mehendi ceremony and I am sitting like a statue because the girl is applying mehendi on my hands then she asks me about my soon to be husband name so I say 'Aryan' and he write his name on my hand but it will take much time to find it because of the design. Then I start remembering the day when our families meet to fix our marriage date and the incident of my bedroom automatically start flashing on my mind .

"Di do you apply any blush today" zoya's voice break my chain of thoughts.

"N...no" I say shyly.

"Then why your cheeks are red?" One of my cousin asks me.

"Because she is definitely thinking about Aryan jiju" Zoya says and starts laughing then everyone starts laughing and they tease me more .

Wedding day

I can't believe today is my marriage. The day when I am going start my new journey.

I am sitting on a sofa and my face is cover with veil and Aryan is sitting on the opposite site but there is a flower curtain so we are not able to see each other. Then Moulvi shaab asks me if I want to marry Aryan then I say yes three times then he asks Aryan is he  wants to marry me and he also says yes three times then we sign our marriage paper and we all pray for our beautiful life then he side the flower curtain and lift up the veil and see my face then he kisses my forehead and this gives me so many butterflies but at the same time it give me shock too .

Aryan's pov

It's my haldi night when I come from my washroom I see a missed call on my phone from Shanaya. And it makes me smile I don't know why . Then I try to call her but I see my phone's battery is 1% and in a second it gets switch off . So I connect my phone with the charger and I take a good sleep then I forget to call her because of the rituals.

It's my wedding today I am sitting in front of Shanaya but there's a curtain of flowers between us but after our nikah I lift up the veil and I kiss her forehead I don't know why I do this but she is looking so beautiful and now 'she is mine' may be that's why.
It shocks her I can clearly see it on her face but she doesn't say anything and gives a smile which melts my heart and I want to hug her tight but I can't .

It's her vidai time and she is crying so badly I never see her crying like this and her every year is doing something to my heart . My heart is aching badly seeing her in this state.
' Don't worry Shanaya after this day I will never give you any reason to cry like this ' I say to myself in my mind because I can't see her like this.

Then Shehzaan comes to me and says with teary eyes "Bro I trust you please never give her pain and don't hurt her otherwise I will forget our relation" I can feel his pain .

"No bro never" I say and hug him.

"Please take care of her" Papa ( Shanaya's father) says to me .

" I will papa" I say .

Then we sit on our car and my other family members on the other car then we take leave from there . She is still crying so I try consult her .

" If you want then you can come here anytime . Don't cry like this " I say so softly which tone I never use for anyone and then I give her my handkerchief she takes it silently and wipe her tears after few time she stops crying. I take a breath of relief because her tears affects me so much . I can't see her in pain or I can't see her crying. I will never let her cry like this .

"Are you ok?" I ask her after few time.

"Yes, can you give me some water" she says . Her voice is so low that barely reach my ears then I give her a bottle and she drink some water and give back the bottle to me . And I also drink some water from the bottle.
We do not exchange any other word and we reach our house .

So that's it for today. I know it's little short .
Give some love to this book 🙂 it's my first book.