Ch-3 First Day

Xiyian came out of her room and with a heavy heart and unwantedly said yes to her parents that she will go for the job. The next day, she went to the palace to sign in. As per terms and regulations, she got interviewed by some questions and got selected. She finally got her dress. She really didn't wanted to but was doomed to do it. Because she hated the work of a maid very much and it would be the last thing to do. Though she felt that the dress wasn't as worse as she had seen in animes. Those cute maid outfits were not made for her. The maid general, who was the supreme of all maids, came there and showed Xiyian and other servants their rooms. Xiyian definitely thought it was the fastest maid acquiring process.

Xiyian got her own room which was actually prettier than her house in the fields, after all, Shofu added, "It's a royal palace". But she wasn't lucky enough to get a whole room for herself. Came a roommate whose name was Susan. At first, Shofu who was already eating her mind and now her? Xiyian initially thought Susan was kind of annoying. But after talking for a while, they found out that they had a number of similarities both in food and clothes. And Xiyian kept this in mind mainly that maybe she could make her understand the world better! They had been given an hour to examine the places in and outside of the palace and were needed to work from the very next day.

On the same night, the maid general of Zhangri palace became lazy. Lysandra had this particular job of bringing the water from the well to the king's bathtub for bathing except being the leader and maintaining the order of the maids. The weather was just so perfect that she couldn't help but yawn after every 1 minute. So she decided to make one of the newbie maids do the job. After all it was their first day and they wouldn't dare to argue with her. The maid general, Lysandra, now had the small job of deciding which maid to order. She walked up the wooden platform of the corridor and decided that the first woman she will see in the first room will do the job. So it was a lottery type of and Xiyian was the prize since she was the 1st maid to get the job. So Lysandra, with much arrogance, ordered Xiyian to do it. Xiyian felt suspicious, why at night but as she was a newbie there, she didn't want to create conflict with someone. And also her main motive was to get the money for the mission so she decided to do it. Well, not decided but had to do it.

"Phew...ahh...it's hard work! Hey, Shofu? Can you help me?" Shofu who was floating in air, giving the lonely hardworking woman company, tried to take the bucket from Xiyian. But when it went right through Shofu's hand, Xiyian remembered that except her, Shofu can't touch anything. When she got the reason, she looked up to see Shofu smiling, "I should have knew it! He is teasing me!"

Finally when the whole big super-duper royal bathtub was filled with water, she was really tired. Her back was aching and hands were red and sore. She was so tired that without saying anything to anyone, she went to her bed and fell into a deep sleep.

Finally when the owner of the bathtub came, he merged in with the water, but feeling the temperature he shouted! "AHHHHH!!! It's so fricking COLD!!!!" Tyler who was out of the bathroom, examining heard and directly went in without thinking for another second. But he at once he needed to come a minute late, because Chenua was all naked, with his dick getting showing. He immediately turned back and replied with a cough " Ahmmm...What's your problem, Chenua?" Embarrassed Chenua quickly wrapped the white towel in his waist and replied with embarrassment getting known in his voice. "Ah...It's the water. It's so hella cold!!!" The next morning, immediately when it was the middle of the day, Lysandra was called, alone. "Lysandra, I believed in you and that is why I gave you an important position at the palace. You have been here for 7 years yet how could you make this mistake? You know how much I hate it when something doesn't work as it should!" Lysandra was so scared with the thought of punishment that she stuttered," Your majesty? It wasn't me who filled the water in your bathtub. It was Xiyian, I promise." Chenua thought of the new name and asked Tyler to bring the girl. "Your majesty, yes, I filled the water. But it was all because of the maid general's order. Or as per as I knew, I had to be assigned to work from today ." After examining the face for a while, Tyler finally recognized the face of her's. But Lysandra argued back, "But your highness, I told her clearly to heat up the water before putting it into the tub" Xiyian who really didn't got such order argued back. After all, she wasn't advised or told as such. So they fought for a short period until Chenua shouted, "Silence!"

Lysandra knew it was her fault for not saying her. But she thought she will put the blame on her. Also, she knew Chenua would favor her since she has been working for him since he was still a teenager. Chenua thought for a minute and declared the answer. "It was surely Xiyian's fault...But how can you give her the job when it was yours?! Yes, maybe she misheard it but as per the rule, she needed to start her work from today onwards! So Lysandra...It's your fault!"The maid general shivered and trembled as she spoke out the words now 'Sorry, king. I'm at fault. Please forgive me. Please don't punish me. I have been working for you since you were a kid.' Chenua now had a stern face with no expressions or empathy getting showed on his face, just like a statue. 'First, say sorry to Xiyian.' She turned to Xiyian and pleaded. 'Fine, you can go. But it's the last time. Another complaint and you are to begone.' Lysandra with much sacredness, nodded and went back with a lesson learnt for lifetime.

After Lysandra went away, the courtroom was whole quiet and then Tyler spoke out first with a teasing smirk. "You're the girl from before, right? Funny how you disagreed that day but you followed Chenua even here!" Xiyian, without seeing who is in front of her, spoke out to Tyler. "Don't worry, I am really not after him. I am after the job" ' The job, huh? Guess the rumor's say the truth that girls can't really live without money!' Now Xiyian's right hand was itching to punch Tyler. 'I don't need it. It's just for the mis...' She remembered, obviously nobody will believe her unless showed some proof. 'Whatever you think...'

She turned back and went for her room, when Tyler ran in front of her and stopped, "Did Chenua gave permission to go?" Xiyian then got remembered of the fact that she was in the courtroom in front of the king. She quickly stuttered for a second and turned back to see Chenua's lips turned into a smile, gentle one. She quickly asked for permission and went.

When she came back to her room, she gave out a big sigh. "PHEW!!" Susan who was sitting in her bed, waiting for her asked, 'How was Tyler?' Wait, what? She should have been worried for me that the king called me on the first day but she is worried about Tyler?! 'He's so handsome, isn't it? I know it. But listen, he is mine. Don't try to take him away from me.' 'Listen, neither I think Chenua is handsome nor Tyler. So please keep quiet and let me rest my non- stop beating heart!' 'Don't say that! Ah..well, you must drink some water', Susan replied seeing Xiyian being flustered.

Now lets' hope everything goes well for our protagonist. Let's give her best of luck! Stay Tuned! :)