Ch- 6 The Friendship

Gabriel ran to Chenua's room after he heard from the rumour which spread like wildfire in the palace. When he entered, he could see Xiyian standing beside Chenua to hear the Physician's check up. When Xiyian met his eyes, maybe it was an illusion or she just felt but she could bet she saw him squint his eyes at her. But when both of their eyes met, Gabriel cut away his gaze. But after the physician said that due to the herb, Chenua's fever was going down, Gabriel thanked Xiyian heartily for saving their king's life.

After that, Xiyian knew her personal job was done so she went away to her room to mend her injured hand. When she just stepped the door, she remembered, "Oh Shit! My mission? That hint?! Fuck it!" Shofu appeared and answered, "Yes, sorry, miss. That thing went away. But as everyone say's! Your good will come back to you!" "Sorry, pig... I don't believe in these"

Seeing her injured , dirty state Susan was kinda shocked but after listening the story she knew if the dress would have been still neat, then it meant something's not adding up. She mended her hands and advised her to shower up too. Xiyian was actually thinking of that too so she went to do it. She went to washroom, opened her clothes and shoes and bathed her hair, body and face. When she was about to wear back her shoes, she noticed something. Something red patch in the sole of her peach shoes. She grabbed it for examination and it was as if paint. "Well, did i get it in the jungle? Hm...maybe because of the soil." She washed it a bit and got it off easily since it was still wet. When she came to her room from bath, Susan wasn't there in the room.

So Susan got called by the maid general to help the soldiers. And she found herself with her crush! Tyler was in his bed with injuries all round his body. He was given a medicine which had a side effect for sleep. Susan noticed the big cut in his right arm, small cuts in his left hand and a clotted cut in his chest. As Susan was mending his injuries, more than Tyler, she was getting hurt. It was like she was mending her own injuries. Seeing how him and soldiers went and fought their life valiantly and losing half of their friends made Susan feel very much respect for them. As she was mending the big cut in his chest, she could see how uncomfortable Tyler was feeling, tossing now and then. Maybe he was seeing a nightmare. She quickly covered the cut and tried everything to stop that uncomfortableness. She brushed his hair with her hands, fanned him, and stayed by his side clasping his hands.

At night, when crickets began to sing their assembly song, candles and lanterns were litted all around the palace which made the palace shine like a modern house where light bulbs were present. It didn't show any sign of darkness nor any sign that they didn't had bulbs or tubes. Susan opened her eyes, "Oh...I must have fallen asleep. Well, I was tired tho...", she said to herself and noticed her hand was feeling empty. Why? "Oh wait...where is Tyler? From where did this bedsheet come from?" She noticed she was wrapped with a blanket. "Oh..did Tyler?..." Now she wasn't sure if it was Tyler or not. But that thought was enough to keep her happy for the following days and gave her lots of romantic scenarios with him in her dream. Well, she got small sights of Tyler that night, but he didn't show any sign of great fullness nor a happy face. That too think, he never really smiled except in front of Chenua, his best friend and buddy.

How did they met? How did their friendship even bloom?

It all started back in their childhood. At Tyler's childhood, he was nothing like he was in the present. He had no signs of strength, no sign of even confidence. His parents worked in the royal palace, his father as a minister, and his mother, as a royal chef. So that gave quite a lot of opportunities for Chenua to play with him. Chenua was 8 years old while Tyler was 9. Since he was older, he had the arrogance of becoming a older person than Chenua, so he quite ignored him and acted as brave and courageous in front of him. But actually, he was quite the scaredy cat.

One day, he was alone walking in the market when his parents absolutely told him not to. But he wanted to show his bravery and tell Chenua that he went alone to the market. He wanted Chenua to respect him. And he knew nobody would dare to do anything to him, if he told anyone he was a part of the palace. So he went, alone in the crowd. He was walking when someone pushed him. Tyler's arrogance got him and shouted back," Hey can't you see, bastard?" When he looked back to the man, he knew he shouldn't have shouted back. It was a fat, large man with beard coming out of his chin and ragged clothes. He had a giant, angry face just like a monster and smelt drunk in broad daylight. Tyler got pulled and thrown in the dark corner of the road by the man and spat out, "Hey? You are just a kid! Who are you to call me that?!!" Tyler was all silent and almost teary eyed thinking of scenerious of what worse could come to him. The giant took Tyler's collar and slapped him. Once, twice, thrice. When he was about to hit the small boy with his belt, someone came... Someone covered Tyler with his back. "Who are you now, kid?" "Me? I am just a kid, but big enough to give you punishment!" Tyler couldn't make out the boy with his teary eyes, but the voice was enough. It was Chenua. "Me? HAHAHA...Don't make me laugh bitch!" Just when he took up the belt again to beat, more than two soldiers came and locked his hands to stop him. He was now taken to the jail with him pleading to Chenua not to. After seeing the soldiers, it didn't take long for the man to understand, that the small savior was of the royal palace. 

Finally Chenua gave his hands to Tyler to get up and brushed up his clothes to clean it up. Tyler was still crying of thinking of what would have happened with Chenua didn't come. Chenua smiled and took his hand, and walked to the palace. It was just like that the small brother was smarter and stronger than the bigger one. From that day onwards, Chenua and him were the best of friends and Tyler never looked down at him. He had his heart full of respect for him. Tyler promised to work for him from the future and treated him as a prince. But surely enough, Chenua loved him as a brother and friend so he always asked him to treat like one.

Stay Tuned! :)