EP 1 - The Beginning

The morning began with the persistent ringing of your alarm clock, a reminder that you had overslept. You had intended to take a short 'beauty nap' of 30 minutes, but it had turned into a prolonged slumber.

your personalised room:

With a groan, you silenced the alarm on your nightstand

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

With a groan, you silenced the alarm on your nightstand. Just as you were about to drift back to sleep, the door creaked open, revealing the mansion's oldest maid, a woman in her early 40s.

"Mam, Mr. Kim has requested your presence for breakfast. You're running late for university," she informed you.

You shot her a sharp glare. "Tell him I'll be down in 5 minutes."

"Of course, mam," she replied, retreating to inform your father.

You reluctantly left your bed and headed to your expansive wardrobe, searching for something suitable to wear. After what felt like an eternity of rummaging through your clothes, you settled on a pair of jeans shorts, a white tee, and a blue and white striped shirt.

Your overall outfit:

Descending the grand staircase, you found your father, Mr

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Descending the grand staircase, you found your father, Mr. Kim, seated at the head of the dining table, looking visibly irritated.

"Good morning, Dad," you greeted, trying to keep your tone light.

His gaze was piercing as he scrutinized your attire. "How long does it take to shower and dress?" he demanded.

"Dad, I overslept. Isn't it obvious why I'm running late?" you retorted, mustering a defiant expression.

"I sent the maid to hurry you along, but you took nearly 20 minutes after saying you'd only take 5. Anyone would be frustrated waiting that long for no good reason," he responded, the word 'no good reason' cutting deeper than you'd care to admit. Your eyes welled up with tears, threatening to spill over. You were known for your strong attitude, but your friends often remarked on your underlying sensitivity. Being groomed to be the next Mafia Queen by your single father had taught you to be ruthless and unfeeling, but you still possessed a heart that could be wounded.