EP 6 - Silence Before A Storm

"Good morning, bitch!" exclaimed your best friend, enveloping you in a bone-crushing hug.

"Good morning. And have you seen who's behind me?" you whispered, flashing a sly smirk.

She glanced behind you, her eyes widening. "When did you get a boyfriend, and how did he get entry here? I've never seen him around," she whispered back.

"Shut up; he's my bodyguard," you whispered, rolling your eyes.

"Ohh, your dad has good taste," she whispered, impressed.

Can they stop this childish whispering? I can hear them perfectly well. And these people staring... I really didn't sign up for this, Jungkook thought to himself.

"Ma'am, we can't stand here all day, can we? You both look like kids talking about their favorite candies," he said, his face expressionless.

Both of you were taken aback. "Kids? Open your eyes; we're mature 23-year-old women," you retorted, crossing your arms.

"But you act like you're two or three," he replied coldly.

"Okay, you know what? Never mind. I don't want to argue with you," you said, grabbing your best friend's hand and heading toward your class, with him trailing behind. She pulled her hand back, explaining that her first class was physics and yours was math.

"I'll miss you, babygirl," you said, hugging her dramatically.

"Me too," she echoed, doing the same.

What's going on? What does she mean by 'babygirl'? The younger generation is wild, Jungkook thought to himself.

"Okay, stop with this emotional shit. You go to your class, I'll go to mine. Bye," you said coldly.

"Bye," she replied, equally cold, and walked toward her classroom.

Bipolar, that's what Jungkook thought.

You walked toward your classroom. "Look, don't call me 'ma'am.' It feels weird since you're older than me. Call me Y/N or something," you said, turning to look at him.

"Okay, Y/N," he said, his voice sending a shiver down your spine, which you quickly suppressed.

"Let's go now," you said, turning around.

In class, you sat at your desk while he stood near the door, scrolling through his phone. You weren't paying attention to the teacher; instead, you were intensely staring at him, your face propped on your elbow, hand covering the right side of your face, mouth wide open.

You snapped out of it when the bell rang, blinking a few times to refocus. The same thing happened in your next three classes: no listening, just staring.

At lunchtime, you and your best friend went to the cafeteria. She started eating voraciously, explaining she hadn't eaten breakfast.

"I haven't eaten either, so eat first," you said.

You glanced back to see him sipping his coke and staring at his phone.

"Why are you only drinking a coke? Tell me if you want lunch; I'll buy it for you," you offered.

He scoffed, "Do you really think I'm not eating lunch to save money?"