Chapter 10: Give Me A Chance

"Sam please stop!" Gabriel yelled as he ran after Sam who burst out the nightclub, she looked at her bike. Sam shook her head knowing driving a bike while under the influence of alcohol, so passing it she ran off down the street. They were only light by the golden streetlights as she turned and saw the forest ahead. With a smirk, she looked behind her to see Gabriel running after her along with what looked to be John and someone she cannot make out. She reached down and zipped up her leather jacket as her speed picked up the closer she got to the forest.

" Sam!" She could hear the men chant behind her as she continued to run as fast as she could. Finally, she broke through the forest line and into the cover of the trees. But he smile did not last too long as she could hear the men gain distance on her. Unfortunately, male wolfs were most of the time better than female wolfs. Which means Sam had to lose the men chasing her somehow or they would catch her soon. She leapt over a large rock and rolled for her landed before quickly taking off again, but as soon as Gabriel jumped up to the top of the rock and when he jumped off, he shifted in mid-air. His large black wolf landed onto the ground easily and burst into a run towards Sam.

" Great." She spoke to herself and decided to stop running. Sam slowed to a stop and kept her back to Gabriel's wolf as he stopped behind her. A loud growled echoed the silent forest in a warning tone to tell her not to run. John and the other man appeared on either side of Gabriel's large wolf, which easily stands the same height as them. The sound of bones cracking informed Sam that Gabriel had turned back into his human form, John handed him a pair of baggy shorts from the black rucksack.

" Sam, just listen to me please," Gabriel asked with a tone in his voice that sounded sorrowful. Sam sighed and ran a hand through her tangled brown hair before turning around and looking at him. Gabriel looked to her face properly for the first time, her skin was paler and she was clearly skinnier than before. Deep bags held under her eyes showed that she was becoming weaker as time goes.

" Speak." Was all Sam muttered to them as Gabriel nodded and stepped forward.

" I know that every time you get near me. I end up hurting you. I know I have no right in asking you for your forgiveness or what is left of your life. But please, give me a chance to fix my wrongs. Please, just give me a chance." Gabriel begged to her with a hand over his chest and tears in his eyes. Sam watched him closely as he took careful steps closer to him. Sam looked to the ground breathing heavily.

" I don't know if I can ever forgive you for what you have done, Gabriel. You hurt me beyond what you know." Sam spoke with a cracking voice. She lifted her gaze to Gabriel and saw his sorrow and guilt that was edged into his eyes. She watched as a single tear fell from his eye as he looked down.

" But, in all honest truth. I have grown tired of the rogue life." Sam spoke as Gabriel snapped his gaze up and saw Sam looking directly at him. "You have one chance. But you have a lot to make up for, so do not expect me to forgive you now." Sam growled to him as Gabriel nodded to her and rushed towards her.

" Thank you, Sam. You will not regret this." Gabriel told her pulling her into an embrace and buried his head deep into her neck and took in her scent. "You will not regret this." He whispered onto her skin, sending shivers down her back.

" I hope not." She whispered patting his back gently enjoying the embrace he was giving her. Then they broke apart when John cleared his throat as he and the man stood awkwardly looking at them.

" Can we go now?" He whined as Sam just chuckled at him and shook her head. Gabriel smiled with a nodded and wrapped his arm around Sam's waist pulling her closer to his side. They all began walking back towards the pack house as the pain started to grow in Sam's head. Her hand went up trying to ease the numbing pain as she clung tightly to Gabriel as he knees buckled from under her.

" Sam, what's wrong?" Gabriel asked with a worried tone. Sam sighed and allowed herself to be pulled into Gabriel's warm embrace.

" I'm dying, Gab," Sam whispered as she felt tired and exhausted but Gabriel's whimper did not go past her ear as she said those words. Gabriel moved slightly before lifting Sam into his arms bridal style and pulling her as close to his chest as he could. Sam felt awkward at first but was too tired to even move, so she relaxed in his arms and enjoyed the warmth the was emitting from him.

" Get some rest," Gabriel grumbled lowly to Sam as she nodded. She closed her eyes but quickly remember her bike was still at the nightclub. Reaching into her back pocket, with a confused look from Gabriel, she pulled out her key and launched them at John. John caught them and yelled happily as he turned to Sam.

" Can two ride?" He asked and Sam looked to him with a smirk.

" Of course, but scratch it and I will kill you." She told him as he jumped like a happy child and ran off dragging the unnamed man with him. Sam chuckled at how child-like they were and looked at to a smirking Gabriel.

" How are we getting back?" She asked him as he continued walking forward.

" Well, I brought my jeep which is just outside the forest," Gabriel smirked to her with pride as Sam shook her head with a giggle.

"Such a boy." She said as they then fell into silence as Gabriel continued to walk towards the edge of the forest, which did not take to long. He broke through the lining and Sam saw the deep red open-top Jeep that was parked at the edge of the road. He walked over to the passenger side and gently placed Sam inside before running around and jumping into the driver's side, quickly putting the keys into the ignition. He started the Jeep up with a rumble.

" How did you find me?" Sam asked as Gabriel pulled away and began to drive down the road back towards the pack house.

" One of my warriors was out with a few of his friends. He recognised you when you were going into the club and phoned me." Gabriel easily explained to her when Sam nodded. Realising the man on the phone was Gabriel's warrior.

" So I will be... um staying in uh..." Sam asked as a blush crept its way up her neck and heated her cheeks. Gabriel let off a soft chuckle and nodded.

" Yes." He said knowing she was talking about her sleeping in his room. "Now sleep. I will wake you when we are back." He told her as she closed her eyes, she felt Gabriel reach over and place his hand onto her thigh, giving it a tight yet soft squeeze before she drifted off to sleep.