Chapter 27: Forgiveness Part 2

Gabriel walked out the pack house and towards the forest. He held Sam closely to her, not taking his eyes away from her; not even to look where he were going. Sam was resting against her head gently against his chest, her eyes closed, listening too her gently yet strong heart beat away; something completely opposite to her own.

" I'm sorry, Princess." He whispered as the broke through the forest lining and past many trees.

" Im... Fine..." She muttered out weakly as Gabriel walked slightly faster towards their destination.

" Just hold on, Baby. We are almost there." Gabriel muttered again picking up his pace. It was only a few moments later when they broke out of the dense trees and out onto a cliff. The bursting colours in the sky signaled the falling of the sun, the last sun Sam would see. Gabriel walked over to just before the edge of the cliff and sat down onto the ground while cradling Sam in his arms still.

" Look, you remember this place." Gabriel whispered as Sam nodded and opened her eyes.

" You brought be here... After our... Date." Sam whispered with her fading strength. Gabriel smiled sadly as he pulled her tighter to his shaking frame.

" It's beautiful." She whispered and her eyes closed for a few seconds before opening them again and watching the sun setting.

" Just like you." Gabriel whispered leaning down and kissing her forehead. He looked down at the beauty he destroyed in his arm. Tears welled in his eyes as he felt Sam's heartbeat slow down.

" I'm so, so sorry. I wish I could take back everything. I wish there was a way I could take back every wrong I have ever done to you." Gabriel cried with his tears falling down his face. He felt a hand gently place itself onto his right cheek. He looked down to Sam's brown eyes that looked up to him with such kindness and love; it only made him cry more.

" Please don't cry... I want the last thing I see is your smile..." Sam whispered to him, but no matter how hard he tried, he could not muster a smile. Sam just chuckled as him as she wiped away some of his fallen tears.

" Gabriel..." She whispered as they looked into each others eyes deeply. "I love you, Gab. I may try to deny it and try to act hard ass. But, my heart has always belonged to you."

" Sam..." Gabriel whispered before a smile drifted onto his lips as his eyes replaced some of the sadness with love.

" There it is. That smile." Sam whispered to Gabriel as she traced his smile with one of her fingers.

" I love you too, Baby. So much." Gabriel choked out through his smile.

" Gab." She whispered her eyes slowly dropping closed then forcing them open again.

" Yeah?" He whispered.

" I forgive you." She whispered with a smile, she used her hand too pull Gabriel down to kiss her gently. The kiss was sweet and gently between them, it was not rush as they took their time, savouring each other's taste. Sam's hand fell onto her chest from his cheek as Gabriel felt her heart beat stop along with her breathing. Gabriel pulled away and looked down at her still features.

" Sam?" He whispered trying to get her to open up her eyes.

" Sam?" He whispered a bit louder than last. But still, she gave off no movement. Gabriel broke into a fit off tears and pulled her up to bury his head into her shoulder, just as the sun disappeared from the sky. Gabriel sobbed into her shoulder as she lay limp in his arms.

Sam was gone.

He killed his own mate by rejection.

The worst thing anyone could do.

The worst thing anyone could suffer.

" I'm so sorry. I love you so much." Gabriel whispered as he kissed her lips once more and rocked her back and forth. He stared down at her pale beauty, it was almost as if she was sleeping and would walk up any time. He tears feel down onto her cheeks to make it look as though she was crying along with his. The world now seemed to dull and colourless with Sam gone.

" Alpha Gabriel." An old familiar voice spoke causing Gabriel too lift his head and allow his eyes too fall onto Grandfather. He walked over slowly to them and knelt down on one knee next to them.

" She died a brave death. Fighting for those she keeps close in her heart." Grandfather spoke in a wise voice as he placed a hand onto her forehead. He closed his eyes and waited for a moment before opening them.

" Did you find a way to save her?" Gabriel asked in a pleading voice, hoping beyond hope there was a way.

" I'm sorry, Child. I cannot go against the laws of fate. No one can." Grandfather whispered as he pulled out a eagle feather from his shirt.

" But I can help her pass on with blessings." He said and began to chant while wavy the feather over Sam. The wind picked up softly as a howl drifted over the breeze along with screeched of an eagle.

" There, the sprites of the earth will guide her to the next life." Grandfather spoke gently to him as he pulled back and lifted the feather to the sky in both hands before bringing it back down.

" But I did managed to find a way for your pack to live on with her presence." Grandfather began looking down to Sam. He used his thumb and run it down from her forehead to the tip of her nose.

" It is an old and ancient blessing, passed down from elder to elder." He told Gabriel who was still crying as he continued to look down at Sam.

" Her death is not in vein then. The pack will live on in peace and happiness." Gabriel whispered as he moved a piece of hair away from her cold face. He placed his forehead onto hers as he closed his eyes.

" I love you, Sam. I always will." He whispered. "We will be together again."

___________________

A grave was erected a few days later with a funeral held. A carving that looked like Sam was built over her grave and was the pillar used to hold the blessing in place for the pack. Her bike was kept as in the garage, no one had the heart to even touch it for it would bring far to many memories.

No one knew exactly what happen to Elisa but rumour has it, she found her mate and vanished not long after her fight with Sam. Gabriel's parents eventually forgave their son for his actions as they has seen how much he had regretted doing them. This was just after the funeral, so both them and John supported him through out his mourning stages.

Alpha Gabriel would visit her grave everyday and host a celebration of her life on the anniversary of her death, where many where invited regardless of status; to enjoy the luxury of life. Gabriel would place white roses on her grave during Autumn, red roses during Winter, Lilies-of-the-vally in the summer and during the spring he would watched the cherry blossoms fall around her. He would remember her tattoo of blossoms and birds.

The world continued on as normal.

Oblivious to the death the had struck just a small handful of people out of the whole world.

But even then,

The Luna Sam was missed.