4

I never thought that I would be grocery shopping with my mates within our first day of learning of each other's existence, but here we are, with Yoongi pushing the cart behind us while Jimin leads the way.

I honestly dreaded the idea of coming here alone, so to have them by my side does make me feel better, and it helps to have more eyes on the lookout for the forbidden ingredients. The last thing I want is to overlook something and then crawl in pain to the bathroom the next day.

"What about this one? It looks alright, have you ever tried it?" Yoongi asks as he shows me a bag of bread, the kind that even someone with thousands of allergies could eat, but I find myself grimacing at the sight and he immediately puts it back where it was. "That answers my question".

"I'm sorry, it just tastes very bad" I mumble, to which he shakes his head with a light smile. "It's not your fault, sweetheart. It didn't look that good to begin with".

"Why is there so few choices around here? It doesn't make any sense" Jimin utters as he looks over the other brands, baffled by the lack of options I have.

"Companies don't make profit if it doesn't sell to the bigger crowd, so they don't waste their time on people like me, I guess. The city had more to offer, but... it often tastes like crap, or maybe it's just because I'm used to mom's cooking" I mutter the end with a sigh, that's something I will certainly come to miss.

"If it tastes like crap, then it's a waste of our time" Jimin continues, unhappy as he puts back another bread that doesn't fit the requirements. "I'll have a talk with the store manager another day, there has to be more out there that would be as good to the taste as it's safe for you".

"We should look online to see what brands are worth our attention. If we give them a list, maybe they could make a deal with the local distributor to get us some" Yoongi adds, not happy with how this shopping is turning out to be when the cart only has fruits and a few vegetables so far.

I smile at their obvious indignation, finding comfort in that I'm not alone exasperated right now. Solar used to get mad for my sake as well, while Eric would search online to see if we could import food from oversea so that I could give them a try.

It's funny how similar Jimin and Yoongi are in that regard.

"What about cereals? I'm sure there are some she can eat without getting sick" Jimin wonders aloud as he heads to the next aisle without waiting for us, and I follow behind while Yoongi sighs in discontentment.

"Cereals are easier to find than bread" I let them know as we start gazing at the different kinds. "Like these, they're alright. Not my favourite, but they don't have the ones I'm used to so they'll do for this time".

"We'll add the ones you like on the list, I'm sure they'll keep a couple of things in stock for you if it's for your health. Perks of living in a small town" Yoongi comments as he rearranges the boxes neatly on the side of the cart. "What's next?".

"Yogourt and oatmeal" I reply as I think back to what I used to eat at home. "As for the rest, we'll just have to see what's available, I'm not too familiar with what they have here yet".

"That's fair, let's take our time" the dragon hums, feeling better now that he can see I won't have to starve while I'm in Crimson Bay. Maybe a bit of an overreaction when all I really need to do is to be careful about the ingredients, but he couldn't help it.

He's a worrywart, what else can he do?

With that said, they talk me through each aisles of the store, and we work together to pinpoint everything that I can eat no problem. Yoongi goes as far as to make a folder in his phone gallery with pictures of everything I know I enjoy, and Jimin has fun posing as he holds said items for the pictures.