CHAPTER 2: AN OPPORTUNITY

Far away from Dhruv's world in Mumbai, lived an aspiring woman situated from Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.

Akanksha Manoj is a 22 year old makeup artist who is looking for opportunities to build her career. She lost her parents at the age of 15 and has been living with her elder brother and his sister - in - law ever since. Akanksha has to literally work her butt off to make a living. She took up several part time jobs and did several courses to develop skills for better job opportunities during her college days.

CHARACTERS AROUND AKANKSHA:
Niranjan Manoj - Akanksha's brother.
Shivani Manoj - Akanksha's sister-in-law.
Ananya - Akanksha's bestfriend and work partner.

Akanksha:
"Please please.. I need this job desperately. Oh god!" Akanksha whispered to herself in front of her laptop.

Ananya enters the room.

"What happened? Did you get the project?" she asked.

"I haven't checked yet. I just hope i get this job. Even though I have a good reputation at our parlour for my work, I still need to get this project for a higher salary." said Akanksha.

"Well getting an opportunity to be the makeup artist for movie stars at an event ain't easy. If you get this chance, then you're definitely one of the most luckiest makeup artists" said Ananya.

As her hands trembled, Akanksha opened the mail she had recieved.

The mail:

We are excited to extend to you a unique opportunity to showcase your talent and expertise as a makeup artist for Mr. Dhruv Kapoor for the upcoming promotional event of the movie "Chor aur chorni". You are expected to be on the sets by 27th of August in Mumbai. Congratulations on this golden opportunity to shine! Looking forward to meet you. Wishing you the very best!

Sincerely,

Prashant Garg
Director

---

Akanksha jumped in happiness hugging Ananya.
"Seems like you are truly lucky! You got the opportunity! That too with Dhruv Kapoor! Now go get ready! You have only two days for the shoot to begin." said Ananya.

"Yeah, you're right. You're coming along as well. Remember that we will be going there as a team? I can choose my members so you're coming with me."

Ananya hugged Akanksha. "You're truly the best!"

Akanksha smiled at Ananya.
"Okay but before I start packing, I need to tell my brother about this good news. " said Akanksha and left to see her brother.

Akanksha stood outside Niranjan's room and knocked him door. "Anna (Elder brother), can I come in?"

"Come in Akshu" said Niranjan.
Akanksha hopped with a cute smile on her face. She saw that her brother was working in his laptop on his bed. Niranjan smiled at her and asked "What's the matter? You seem happy."

"Well... I got the job! I'll be going to Mumbai in 2 days!"

"REALLY! Congratulations! Finally your skills have been acknowledged by someone. I wish you a very good luck dear. But will you be going alone? Where will you stay? Have you booked your flight tickets?"

"No anna. I wanted to give you the good news first. And I'm not going alone. Ananya will be coming with me in my team. Don't worry." said Akanksha.

"Oh that's great. Well, I'll look for your tickets. Go pack your bags!" Said Niranjan.

As Akanksha smiled, a sudden thought hit her and her beautiful smile faded. She looked at her brother and asked "But anna, how am I supposed to tell this to anni (Sister-in-law)? You know how she is."

"Don't worry about her, I'll take care." Said Niranjan.

Rest assured, Akanksha left the room.
"OH MY GOD!!!! I'll be working with DHRUV KAPOOR! I can't believe that I'll actually be working with him! I'm so excited!" she thought.

To be continued...
-----------
I hope you guys liked this chapter. Please vote and comment on how you felt when you read this chapter. Thank you for reading!