007. ARRIVALS

User: @BeatriceLeroy_ posted a story!

{Viewed by user: @adamdupont21}

ੈ✩‧₊˚

"What if he hates me?" Jo tugged on my arm as we walked through the airport's arrivals lounge.

"Jo, I think it's literally impossible for someone to hate you." I pinched the bridge of my nose. The journey to Italy had been filled with Jo anxiously analysing herself as I tried to reassure her about meeting Lando again. No matter what I said, I couldn't ease her mind.

"But you don't know that for sure, Bea. He could totally hate me, and then we would have to go and watch his race and stay in the same hotel as him, and he would regret even kissing me in the first place." Jo jittered next to me. I stopped walking and placed both of my hands on her shoulders, lightly shaking her.

"Get a hold of yourself, Joanna. You are the best person I know, and if he doesn't like you, then he's stupid." I stated firmly, trying to get through to her. She nodded meekly.

"Okay, okay. Let's do this." She affirmed, fixing her clothes and standing straight.

"There she is!" I laughed, patting her head. "And anyway, if this doesn't work out, it's a great story to tell the grandchildren." I chirped playfully.

Lando had chartered a small plane for us to fly from Nice to Bologna. I thought this was absolutely wild. He did all of this for a girl he kissed in a club once. It was insanity, but I respected his commitment. My best friend deserves only the best.

He had told Joanna that he would be picking us up from the airport, something that made her extremely nervous. Their first real sober interaction would be an awkward car journey while I would be sitting in the back. It could really make or break the weekend.

As we neared the exit, Lando spotted us. He waved his arms excitedly and called us over. "Hey guys! I'm so glad you could make it. I hope the journey was okay!" he gleamed with his English accent, embracing Jo in a hug. "Nice to see you again, Joanna." He smirked as he looked into her eyes. You could cut the tension with a knife.

Breaking away, he looked over to me. "You must be Bea! I recognise you from that night in Monaco. Jo has told me so much about you already!" He gave me a warm smile and a knowing look as if he was aware of the absolute shit show that was currently my life.

"Ahh... all good things, I hope!" I joked, poking Jo's side as we laughed. I was kind of glad Jo had made him aware of what was going on with me. It meant we could avoid awkward conversations about my life or my boyfriend. Was he still my boyfriend?

"Don't worry, we'll look after you this weekend, it's gonna be fun!" Lando reassured me. I gave him a faint, awkward smile, wishing we could change the subject.

We chatted a little about our journey as we made our way to the car. Jo gushed about the plane and thanked him profusely, saying he didn't need to go to all that trouble. He shook his head. "It was my pleasure; I wanted you to arrive in style." Lando gave Jo a wink. She blushed hard. I'm totally third-wheeling right now.