010. ICE CREAM

As we arrived back in our hotel room, Jo asked if I would be okay by myself as Lando had asked her out for dinner.

"Of course, Jo! Go and have fun with Loverboy. It's been a long day, and I didn't sleep much last night, so I don't mind." I said as I flopped down onto the bed.

Jo began to get ready, fretting about her make-up, redoing her hair repeatedly and anxiously asking me about different outfit options. She had tried on three different dresses in the past 10 minutes.

"Go with the black one. You look hot!" I tried to hype her up as she groaned, holding it in front of her body.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, why would I lie to you!" I let out a laugh. Jo sighed as she zipped up the dress.

I stood up and walked over to her, placing my hands on her shoulders.
"Loverboy is going to be speechless when he sees you." Jo's face instantly lit up as she beamed back at me. "Now come on, you haven't got much time." I urged her as I picked up some heels and handed them to her.

A little while later, we heard a knock at the door. I opened it to see Lando on the other side, with flowers in his hands. "For me, Lando? You shouldn't have!" I joked as he beamed back at me. "You wish, Bea!" he laughed.

I opened the door a little wider to reveal Jo shyly standing beside me.

"Wow... you are incredible, Joanna." Lando's jaw dropped.

I smiled proudly as I looked over at Jo, whose cheeks were already bright red.

"Okay, kids! Have fun! Lando look after her. I trust you!" I jokingly warned as I sent them on their way.

As I closed the door behind me, I let out a deep sigh. It was nice to be alone with my thoughts for a little while. I lay on the bed and began scrolling through my phone.

User: @Charles_leclerc started following you!

I caught myself smiling as I stared at his name and shook my head. I paused for a second and followed him back. He must have looked me up. I felt a tinge of excitement in my stomach.

We are friends. That's normal behaviour.

I decided to upload a few pictures from the track to my story.

User: @BeatriceLeroy_ posted a story!