Chapter 21 - Acceptance

The cicadas stopped chirping a while ago. Staring at the floor wrapped in the black blanket, it took New a while before finally realizing how silent the room was.

It is calm. There is nobody else besides himself. No alphas trying to get him, no anxiety-provoking thoughts that stressed him. He is alone, alas.

Looking around, he finally notices the disastrous interior of the room courtesy of himself. He should clean up. He is safe enough to move around the house anyway. Tay said he won't have another wave that quickly.

Making the bed, he places the brown digital clock back on the bedside table, right below the lamp. No numbers are displayed much to his horror. The alpha will most likely throw a tantrum if he finds out that New broke it! Hitting the clock as hard as he can a few times, New can finally breathe easy once he sees some numbers on the screen. Whether the time is right, he doesn't know and cannot care less.

Scanning the room, he grins to himself. The room is almost in perfect condition, so he decides to clean it elsewhere. He did go all crazy this morning… Stepping out of the room, his eyes almost jumped out of the sockets; besides the kitchen which the owner probably cleaned lightly while they were eating, everywhere else was, of course, hit by Hurricane New. No wonder Tay was in such a bad mood this morning.

New sighs. Making the mess was simple, cleaning it was another thing. He doesn't even remember where the alpha placed each of his stuff. Should he just randomly rearrange them and tell Tay later?

That is the best option right now.

Deciding just to go with it, he starts by putting the books in place first before moving to the couch. At least, with the living room clean, the whole apartment looks better.

Next, the kitchen. The place he rarely goes to. Where should he place all these spices? There are so many spices… In the cupboard? The cupboard seems logical. He spilled some stuff on the floor too. He should clean those.

Sitting down to pick up a few big bits of unknown ingredients, he stiffens at the cold sensation at his bottom. The boxers are wet and it feels uncomfortable, and disgusting to say the least. He stands back up, ignoring the spill, but that doesn't help either.

The coldness is still there. The fabric is stuck to his skin causing discomfort, but he is too repulsed to even pull it.

This is bad, he feels sick to the stomach from the thought of the fluid flowing out from him. Goosebumps are all over his body, his skin is starting to itch. Itchy. His neck, his arms, his chest, everywhere is itchy.

This cannot happen now.

Not yet. It is still too early.

New looks at the wall clock, ignoring the urge to scratch himself. It is already past noon. Tay will be back by noon so he could well be on his way home. He needs to take care of this heat before the alpha arrives.

His jaws are tensed from the sudden emotional breakdown he is about to have but New refuses to give in. Running to the room to look for the black bag Tay left for him last night, he spills out the contents before leaning against the wall in devastation, his knees suddenly too weak to support himself.

This is his new reality, having to stuff these things inside himself so he can free himself from the heat. It is either this or having another person touch him. He doesn't want any of that.

He doesn't want to have his heat. He doesn't want the fucking uterus. He doesn't want to wet himself like a child and cry for help like a pathetic human being. He was fine being a beta!

Frowning deeply, he stands up and makes his way to the bathroom. There is a bathtub he can use to calm himself down. Submerging himself in water always works, he will feel clean and he won't feel the fluid to mind it. This is great.