Chapter 1 - Diplomacy with the Kingdom of Louria

The parts with detailed descriptions that are not significantly different from the OG or other fanfictions will be skipped quickly.

- Ishiwara

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Month 1 Year 1639 Central Calendar

On this day, a bright light was observed on the Rodenius Continent on the eastern edge of the Third Civilization Area and further east.

Day 24 Month 1

A wyvern rider patrolling northeast of the Principality of Qua-Toyne discovered a large unidentified flier. The 6th Wyvern Squadron attempted interception but was evaded, allowing the intruder to breach the airspace over the economic city of Maihark.

Day 27 Month 1

A fleet including what appeared to be a colossal ship, possibly a wyvern carrier, was spotted at a point 60 kilometers north of Maihark. They identified themselves as citizens of a nation named Japan, located approximately 1.000 kilometers northeast of Rodenius.

Month 2

Establishment of diplomatic relations with Qua-Toyne and the neighboring Kingdom of Quila.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Late Month 2

Five frigates belonging to the 11th Flotilla of the Maritime Defense Force were sailing toward the Kingdom of Louria with the objective of establishing diplomatic relations.

"I've heard rumors that Louria is at odds with Qua-Toyne, but is it really safe?" questioned diplomat Inoue, who was traveling with them.

"What are you talking about?" asked Kondō, Inoue's superior.

"Well... from what I've seen, the civilization in this world appears to be an equivalent of the medieval period."

"Indeed."

"If a country that has diplomatic relations with a hostile came here, they would be summarily executed to make an example of them..."

Unlike today, international law did not exist in medieval times.

"I highly doubt that would happen. It might be uncertain during wartime, but killing messengers even in the medieval era would be quite extreme, wouldn't it? This isn't Japan during the Kamakura period, so you shouldn't worry too much."

During that time in Japan, messengers were often dismissed without even hearing their messages. Even in an era where invasion was common, such behavior was considered extremely barbaric.

"I hope you're right..." Inoue still could not shake off his uneasiness.

"It's best not to dwell on such thoughts too much. You might end up being discriminatory."

Inoue's perception reflected the belief that "modern civilization is safe, while medieval civilization is dangerous," unconsciously looking down on the local civilization.

"I'll be careful," Inoue replied curtly in an attempt to calm himself down.

. . .

Sea north of the Kingdom of Louria's northern harbor

As the flotilla approached Louria, it was inspected by a Lourian warship that was on patrol in the area and guided to the northern harbor.

Northern harbor

"Can you believe it? According to the report from the inspection team, they say if a ship is over 150 meters in length, it's from somewhere else."