Chapter 5 - Transitional Period to a New Era

How to control the most unstable period immediately after the end of the war?

- Ishiwara

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 30 Month 4 Year 1640 Central Calendar

A coup d'état occurred in Esthirant, the capital of the Parpaldia Empire. The Empire's core function was seized by the coup forces led by Kaios, Director of the Third Foreign Affairs Bureau, and Ludius and Remille were captured.

Day 1 Month 5

The Parpaldia Empire declared a change of government due to the coup and surrendered to Japan.

Day 2 Month 5

Accepting Japan's government's acceptance of surrender, the Japanese-Parpaldia War concludes. On the same day, the 73-Nation Allied Forces stationed in Aruni and the Kingdom of Riem's army began to withdraw.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 5 Month 5

Today marks the farewell of this life with her...

Remille.

My cherished right-hand, who showed the greatest understanding of my ambitions and was supposed to be my future wife in ruling the world together by my side.

However, everything turned upside down.

Our Empire expanded rapidly under my reign. Our military won numerous battles, ruled over 73 vassal states, and reigned supreme as one of the great powers hailing from the Third Civilization Area. The chaos began when the National Strategy Bureau intervened in the Kingdom of Louria, located outside the eastern civilization zone on the Rodenius Continent. Or more precisely, it started with the campaign that followed the intervention.

Later, it was revealed that what was supposed to end in Louria's decisive victory turned into a conflict due to Japan's intervention. This meant the failure of the National Strategy Bureau's plans, but those involved were loyal subjects. By imposing some punishments on them, the matter was supposed to be resolved. In hindsight, we should have thoroughly investigated the reasons behind Louria's defeat at that time.

The next time Japan's name was heard was when they arrived in the Imperial Capital with their warships. The entire Foreign Affairs Bureau was thrown into confusion by this report, but it was worth it.

It became apparent that the punitive attack against the Kingdom of Fenn, which the Third Bureau had been advancing, had failed, the Oversight Force had gone missing, and Japan had made contact with our country before. According to records, the diplomats who arrived demanded an equal relationship like that with other major powers. And it became evident that the punitive attack against the Kingdom of Fenn had failed due to the Japanese military. Moreover, they arrived at the Imperial Capital with warships, bringing the defeated warships as a gift.

I, like many others, was initially outraged at the audacity of barbarians from outside the civilized world. However, upon seeing those warships, I immediately cooled my head. I never expected them to possess magic ships. While I had initially underestimated them due to the Oversight Force's outdated and limited fleet, the fact that they possessed magic ships meant that Japan had support from Mu or Mirishial. Moreover, the ship has only one magic cannon mounted on its bow. And it was handled by barbarians who likely didn't understand the proper operation of advanced ships.

Their performance was clearly superior, and engaging in battle would inevitably result in losses. However, facing our mighty Empire's forces, we will surely be victorious. If we won, obtaining the technology of magic ships, which our country couldn't manufacture, wouldn't be just a dream.

Wishful Thinking Summoning JapanOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara