Chapter 2 - Crossroads

I am late. This time it is the Kingdom of Fenn.

- Ishiwara

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 12 Month 4 Year 1639 Central Calendar

The Kingdom of Louria's military began its invasion of the Principality of Qua-Toyne. However, awaiting them at their primary target, Gim, was the 6th Brigade of the Japanese Ground Defense Force.

Anticipating the imminent invasion by Louria, the Japanese government made preparations for deploying forces to the Rodenius Continent while also issuing a warning to Qua-Toyne. As a result, the Qua-Toynian government requested a military deployment, with the 6th Brigade, an airborne unit with high deployment capability, was the answer.

Simultaneously, a large-scale airbase was constructed near Ejei, and a garrison was set up for the troops to be dispatched later. Though time was insufficient for thorough preparations, it proved adequate to repel the initial advance of the 30.000 enemy forces.

The thwarted Lourian army ceased its movements without making any progress, while gathering additional forces on the frontlines, and the navy continued its advance as planned.

Day 25 Month 4

The Battle of Rodenius Sea erupted, and the Maritime Defense Force's 1st Fleet engaged in interception. Approximately 2.200 Lourian ships were sunk, and the fleet retreated to the northern harbor.

Day 21 Month 5

The Defense Forces launched a large-scale offensive against the Lourian forces, which have taken up defensive positions near the border and are marshaling their forces. Units gathered through aerial bombings and pre-emptive shelling were annihilated, with General Pandour killed in action.

Survivors scattered in defeat.

Day 1 Month 6

The following 7th Division launched a rapid advance into Lourian territory and arrived at Jin-Hark. After two days of intense fighting, the King of Louria was captured and the war was declared over.

Day 2 Month 9

Japan visited the Kingdom of Fenn through the mediation of the Thearchy of Gahara. They were invited to a military festival.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 25 Month 9

On this day, the military festival held every five years in the Kingdom of Fenn was underway. Military officials from various countries gathered, with the newest ships from each nation anchored offshore. Though all were elite vessels representing their nations' prestige, the faces of these officials, usually confident, were now colored with astonishment as they fixed their gazes on a particular point.

"So that's a Japanese warship... it's like a fortress."

Shihan, the Sword King and sovereign of Fenn, murmured as he gazed out from the royal castle towards the sea.

Under his invitation, the Japanese were attracting attention despite being their first time participating. This time, the MDF deployed the 2nd Fleet accompanied by the patrol vessel Inasa of the Coast Guard for contingency. Their presence stood out among the predominantly wooden sailing ships, being incomparably massive and made of metal.

"My, I've heard beforehand from the Gaharans, but to see such gigantic metal ships floating on the sea!"

Magreb, a military commander standing beside Shihan, nodded in agreement.