|Chapter 16|

Chapter Sixteen:

Chapter Sixteen:

(Y/N) stepped out of Giyu's room, her mind was a whirlwind of conflicting emotions.

She couldn't shake the feeling of perplexity and confusion that had settled over her like a heavy fog. Giyu's words echoed in her mind, each syllable carrying the weight of his sincerity.

"He wants to be there for me," she murmured to herself, her heart fluttering nervously in her chest.

The thought of Giyu offering to fill the void left by Kyojuro's absence sent a rush of warmth through her, but it was quickly overshadowed by uncertainty.

Leaning against the cool surface of the Butterfly Mansion's wall, (Y/N) closed her eyes, allowing herself to be consumed by her thoughts.

She couldn't deny the rush of excitement that surged through her at the prospect of being with Giyu, of sharing her burdens with him as she once did with Kyojuro.

But as quickly as the thoughts came, (Y/N) pushed them away, shaking her head to clear her mind.

"No," she whispered firmly to herself, trying to quell the flutter of anticipation in her chest. "I can't allow myself to entertain such thoughts."

Yet, despite her best efforts to push them aside, memories of her moments with Giyu flooded her mind—the concern in his eyes, the warmth of his touch.

A blush crept onto her cheeks as she remembered the way he made her feel, the undeniable chemistry between them.

Gritting her teeth, (Y/N) forced herself to focus on the present, to push aside the fantasies and uncertainties that threatened to consume her.

"I can't afford to get distracted," she reminded herself sternly, her resolve hardening as she pushed herself away from the wall and continued on her way.

But deep down, beneath the layers of doubt and hesitation, a flicker of hope remained—a hope that perhaps, amidst the chaos of her emotions, there was a chance for something new, something beautiful, with Giyu by her side.

As (Y/N) hurried through the bustling halls of the Butterfly Mansion, her mind preoccupied with thoughts of Giyu and the confusing encounter they had shared, she failed to notice Jewel approaching from the opposite direction.

With a sudden jolt, their shoulders collided, causing Jewel to let out a startled yelp.

"Ouch! Watch where you're going, (Y/N)!" Jewel exclaimed, rubbing her shoulder with a pained expression.

Startled, (Y/N) quickly stepped back, her cheeks flushing with embarrassment as she offered a hasty apology. "Sorry, Jewel, I wasn't watching where I was going."

Jewel waved off her apology with a dismissive gesture, but (Y/N) couldn't shake the feeling that something was off.

"Are you okay?" (Y/N) asked, genuine concern evident in her voice.