Wattpad Original
There is 1 more free part

CHAPTER 10

Evelyn stood in front of her canvas, brush in hand, ready to tackle the challenge set by her enigmatic boss, Hiro Akeno. Evelyn was determined to showcase her passion for Renaissance art, hoping to secure a spot in Hiro's prestigious gallery and the opportunity to share a dinner with him.

Evelyn's desire to win a place in Hiro's gallery wasn't just driven by ambition. Yes, she yearned for her work to be seen and to evoke emotions, sparking conversations within the art world. It was about more than just recognition; it was about connecting with others on a profound level.

As she painted, Evelyn glanced at her fellow artists, sensing both camaraderie and competition. Each artist poured their heart and soul into their own unique style, creating a vibrant atmosphere of creativity. The room buzzed with silent energy as their paintings took shape, showcasing a diverse range of artistic visions.

Like the perfectionists they all were, they would change canvases as often as possible the moment they thought their art was not good enough. It was a difficult task as they all wanted that winning spot. But they had to be careful because they had only a few hours.

Evelyn knew that to stand out, she had to go beyond technical skill. Her painting had to be more than just a representation; it had to be extraordinary.

Time seemed to slip away as Evelyn's painting progressed. Each brushstroke added depth and meaning to her masterpiece. Stepping back, she felt a mixture of anticipation and vulnerability.

Soon, Alice returned.

"Hello once again. Please set down your paint brushes," she calmly instructed, addressing the group of five individuals. Out of the five, only three participants—Evelyn, Paris, and Sebastian—had successfully completed their paintings.

"Once you have finished your artwork, kindly step forward and submit it to me," she requested.

Taking a deep breath, Evelyn approached, her heart filled with a mix of hope and uncertainty as she handed over her completed masterpiece. Paris and Sebastian followed suit, sharing the same emotions. The fate of their paintings now lay in Hiro's hands. The mere thought of sharing a dinner with Hiro, engaging in discussions about art and its boundless potential, simultaneously excited and made all three artists nervous.

"The results will be revealed at the end of the day, after work and training. The winner will receive a private call and be invited to Mr. Hiro's office. If you do not receive a call, then you have your answer. Meanwhile, a colleague will join you here, and you will be taken to attend your first sculpture art class," she explained, building anticipation among the artists.

Excitement filled the room as the artists exchanged glances, eagerly awaiting the outcome. With that, Alice excused herself and departed from the room, carrying their paintings, followed by the models.

"Phew, I barely made it on time," Paris chuckled, showing little concern for the two disappointed artists who sat in a corner, unable to complete their initial task.

"Nice to meet you all," Sebastian said, turning towards Evelyn first and extending his hand for a handshake, a warm smile adorning his face.

"Oh, nice to meet you too," Evelyn replied, reciprocating the gesture.

They proceeded to greet each other, shaking hands with David and Emily as well. Shortly after, a staff member joined them, guiding the group to their first sculpture art class.

* * *

After class, Evelyn was approached by a staff member who requested her presence in Mr. Hiro's office. Suppressing her excitement, she couldn't help but grin. She had been confident in her victory—though not to boast. She had poured her heart and soul into her painting.