Chapter Twenty-One - The Raid Part II

Everything felt like white noise as I ran to where Langley called for me. I felt so many emotions encompass my mind as my body pulled me into the room. I quickly rounded the corner and booked it down the hall to see where they were.

I swung open the door to the room I heard Langley call for me from when I was confronted with the sight of Stormrider, Langley, and Enigma standing over Felix.

Felix looked pale, his blonde hair was dark with dirt and soot from the warehouse's particles digging into him, his fingertips were fading to blue, and his fingernails were black, along with the edges of his ears. His eyes had dark bags under them, that emphasized his gaunt appearance.I stood there for a moment, with the other guys by each of my sides. I had no idea what to say to Felix, he looked tired, traumatized, and worn out from whatever Beatrice Wesley had put him through.

"Felix?" I asked softly, breaking the silence. Felix was staring at his fingertips, his body language oozed with confusion and disorientation. I tried to squint and look through his blonde hair for any sign of head trauma, I was worried about him, for my own and Indi's sakes.

Felix looked up at me, and that's when I noticed his eyes, they were an abnormally bright shade of blue, one that looked like ice. "What did they do to me?" He asked, his voice was shaky with hesitation.

I glanced over at Langley, who was standing off to Felix's left behind him, looking through a window that was in the room. Langley looked back at me with a concerned gaze before slowly shaking his head no.

*What did he want me to say?* I wondered, I had no idea what they did to Felix, nor how to answer his questions. I quietly took a breath, mustering the courage to try and do some kind of damage control on Felix, to prevent any kind of panic from seeping out of him.

"I do not know what they did." I began, gently approaching Felix and dropping to one knee to meet his gaze directly. "However, I will do anything in my power to make sure we figure out if they did anything." I gently took his hand, trying to examine his condition up close.

His hands looked like the ones that were on the dead frozen bodies, but far less severe. "Can you feel your fingertips?" I asked, gently pressing each of the joints in his fingers to make sure they still had mobility and were unharmed.

"I can feel everything fine, everything just feels freezing..." He trailed off for a moment, trying to collect his words. "And tingly... what are you doing?" Felix asked. "I'm just making sure your hands can move alright, you can feel your fingertips, but I wanted to make sure that you could still move your fingers alright without any problem."

I noticed Enigma walk towards the other side of the window that Langley was standing by, glancing outside it before quickly removing themselves from the line of sight. He quickly gestured a slicing motion to his neck as if to deny an idea Langley had proposed. I sensed something was wrong and decided to ask. "What is it?"

"There's someone outside," Langley spoke. "A woman that I do not recognize." He gestured with his head for me to approach and look.

I cautiously let go of Felix's hand and crawled towards the window, staying under the height of the windowsill, just in case we were being watched. Carefully, I inched my head above the windowsill, just enough for my eyes to peek over and see what Langley was referring to. "Who do you think that is Rivera?" Enigma asked me. "You seem to be the most well-read on this case." He gently dragged Felix away from the window by the shoulders. Felix didn't seem to complain, behaving like a limp noodle that had just been taken out of a boiling pot of water.