Chapter 20: Changes

(Fireys pov)
"Haha! Score! I win!" gelatin shouts.

"Dang It!" coiny said, throwing his cards on the table. He seems frustrated over losing obviously.

So it's been a few days since I woke up from being poisoned. Everyone's been more than happy to have me back. And it's been nice not having to stress about past events before the fight. I got to know of the changes that happened while I was gone, we have all taken the time to relax and take it easy. After all, I did just wake up after being poisoned, and I think the poisons gave me some effects. My body is getting more tired than usual as the day goes. We've kinda been chatting, or playing some games. Currently playing a game using cards, to really be honest, none of us but gelatin gets how to play, so of course he's beating us.

"This seems a little unfair gelatin, don't you like, think?" match looked to gelatin's direction.

Gelatin looked confused, "what do you mean?"

"Well, you are like, the one that's an expert at this now, with your new job."

"Yeah gelatin what did you expect, none of us are really experienced with playing" I added on.

"Aww c'mon guys! I thought it would be fun!"

"If having coiny rage is fun then you're doing great gelly boy!" Leafy said, with her lovely smile. Gelatin seemed frustrated, and I snickered at her comment, which left her confused as to why.

Coiny comes back, seeming calm. "alright...I think we should all get some rest, it's been a long day of playing a ton of board games."

"I think someones just frustrated they didn't win," I teased. Coiny gave me a death glare. "Aww admit it, you missed these teasing comments."

Coiny sighs as the rest of us laugh. "Fine fine, ill admit we ALL missed you."

"You're right about that!" gelatin said.

"It's really great to have you awake firey!" Leafy said, match nodded in agreement.

"Aw, thanks guys..." I said, flustered by all the comments.

"But back to what I was saying, I really think we should get some rest, gelatin especially you. You have a morning shift tomorrow" Coiny stated. We all turned to gelatin, knowing he can't deny it.

"Aww, dangit" gelatin crosses his arms. "Welp, I'll head to bed now, see you guys later" he said as he started walking to the couch. Coiny followed him, waving at us.

"Well, I like, guess I'll head to bed too" match said. She started walking off.

"Match, wait.." I said, she looked at me,I tried finding the right words to tell her I'm sorry for what happened in the shop before the attack. But... "uh, you...forgot your blanket on the couch again.."

"Oh" she responded, "guess I'll like...go get it then."

We both stood there in awkward silence, that is until leafy interrupted, "well sleep well match! Cmon firey, let's head to bed too!" Before I could even say anything, she took my hand. I swear I could feel my temperature rise. We went into coinys room. Leafy went to go sit on the bed as I sat on the floor. "You should reallyyyy try talking about the issue fireball."

I signed, "I know I know, I'm trying. It's just kind of awkward right now." Match and I have obviously spoken once I woke up, but we both kind of seem a little upset by what happened still, and instead of bringing it up, we just avoid it. "I'm just- wait, did you just call me fireball?"

Leafy giggles seeing my confused reaction "yep! I thought it would be fun to give you a sort of nickname!"

"O-Oh I-I- h-how nice-" I turned away to prevent having leafy see my face fill up with blush. Oh gosh! She gave me a nickname!