19-20

Chapter 19 – Shopping

After buying all these items, she had nearly exhausted her industrial tickets.

She actually wanted to buy a stove and a pot. She thought about whether she could cook for herself after going to the countryside. However, since she didn’t have any more industrial tickets, she could only think about it later. It wasn’t urgent; she could prepare for it after going to the countryside.

As for larger items that required tickets, she didn’t buy any. She did want to buy a wristwatch because it was inconvenient not knowing the time, but she would ask Jin Ming about it tomorrow.

The remaining pastry coupons and sugar coupons were also used up. She exchanged them for mung bean cakes and White Rabbit milk candies. After all, she didn’t have to worry about them getting spoiled in the space.

Afterward, she bought some daily necessities like soap, toothpaste, and towels.

When she had almost used up all her tickets, Luo Xia decided to leave with her full basket on her back.

Although there were still many things she wanted to buy, she didn’t have any more tickets, so she could only wait and see in the future.

However, as she was going downstairs, she passed by the cosmetics counter and bought several bottles of Snow Cream. She didn’t buy the high-end ones because even Snow Cream was considered a luxury cosmetic in this era. Ordinary people couldn’t afford to buy even the cheapest face oil.

She planned to use the Snow Cream to moisturize her skin during the winter. Although she knew that drinking the spiritual spring water could also moisturize her skin, the northeastern winters were harsh and cold. If she wasn’t careful, her skin could easily crack. She wanted to take preventive measures.

Lastly, she saw some unique cosmetics of this era at the makeup counter. There were eyebrow pencils, snow-white creams, blush, eyeshadows, mascaras, and lipsticks. She didn’t need any of them, but she still bought a set as a memento.

Finally, she couldn’t carry any more items, so Luo Xia temporarily stopped shopping and left the department store.

After coming out, she found a secluded place and stored the items in her space.

There were no surveillance cameras in this era, which made things much more convenient compared to the 21st century. It saved her a lot of trouble.

When Luo Xia returned home, it was still the same time as yesterday.

This time, her family didn’t ask too many questions about her being out for a whole day. They knew that no matter what she did, it couldn’t be changed, so they just let her be.

However, during dinner, Mother Luo estimated that she probably wasn’t as angry these past two days, so she spoke up:

“Xiaoxia, you’ll be going to the countryside in a few days, so you need to start preparing. I know you’ve been wronged this time. I’ll give you two of the four dowry quilts I prepared for you. I heard that it’s cold in the northeast during winter, so you can use both quilts together to keep warm. This time, it’s all for you. When your younger sister grows up, I’ll prepare for her.”

Hearing these words, Luo Xia sneered inwardly. She knew about those four dowry quilts. Mother Luo had been preparing them for many years, intending to give them all to Luo Chun as her dowry. They had discussed it more than once at home.

She didn’t expect that this time, her mother would willingly give her two quilts. It seemed like there was a hidden motive behind it, and seeing that Luo Chun didn’t say much, she knew that her sister was already aware of it.