341-350

Chapter 341 – Ambiguity

Afterward, Lu Xia and Jiang Junmo went to the cafeteria together for a meal. This was the first time they had eaten together at school since the start of the semester.

However, after eating, they didn’t return to their dormitory to rest like before. Instead, they found a quiet spot and sat down to chat for a while.

“Is it because of that guy?” Jiang Junmo asked.

Lu Xia glanced at him upon hearing that, relieved to see that he wasn’t angry.

Nodding, she said, “Yeah, even though he didn’t mention it explicitly, it seemed like he had that intention. So, I quickly cleared things up.”

Hearing her explanation, Jiang Junmo smiled. Despite not feeling entirely at ease, he was still happy to see how straightforward Lu Xia was.

He couldn’t help but pull her into a brief hug, but since they were at school, he let go quickly.

Nevertheless, he still held her hand discreetly and sighed, “What should I do? Our Classmate Lu is too popular. I feel so much pressure!”

Chuckling at his words, Lu Xia retorted playfully, “If anyone’s feeling pressured, it should be me. With your looks, you should be more popular than me, right? I haven’t asked you yet. Tell me, did any female classmates take a liking to you after school started?”

“Uh…” Surprised by her sudden question, Jiang Junmo nervously scratched his nose.

This was his telltale nervous gesture, and Lu Xia had known about it for a while. She immediately adopted a stern expression, “What? Is there really someone?”

“No!” Jiang Junmo hurriedly denied, “Well, at the beginning of the school year, there were a few, but later, I started carrying photos of you and Kang Kang with me. I’d take them out and look at them a few times after each class. Over time, everyone knew I was married, and then it stopped.”

Lu Xia was finally reassured and showed her approval of his approach.

“Good, keep it up. And remember, no more than a glance at other girls!”

“Sure, sure.” Jiang Junmo liked her bossy attitude, “I got it! Same goes for you!”

“What do you mean?” Lu Xia frowned.

Jiang Junmo quickly responded, “Nothing, I mean, I’ll come pick you up a few more times in the future. That way, those clueless guys won’t bother you.”

Lu Xia nodded, “That’s fine, but it shouldn’t interfere with your studies.”

“I understand!”

Actually, Jiang Junmo was thinking too much. Nowadays, people pay a lot of attention to relationships between men and women. With Lu Xia’s beauty and proficiency in English, how could no one be interested in her?

But she hadn’t hidden the fact that she was married, and she didn’t live on campus, so after learning about her marriage, her male classmates stopped having any romantic thoughts about her.

Li Hua was an exception. Lu Xia wasn’t sure if he knew about her marriage. After all, she had mentioned that she didn’t live on campus before. Regardless, she assumed he wouldn’t approach her again after this incident.

However, what Lu Xia didn’t expect was that not only did Li Hua stop approaching her, but after Jiang Junmo started picking her up a few times, other male classmates who were initially interested in her also lost interest.

After all, Jiang Junmo was exceptionally outstanding, and they made a handsome couple. Seeing them together, it was easy to envy their relationship.

With one potential trouble resolved, Lu Xia could finally focus on her studies.