101-110

Chapter 101 – The First Night in the New House

After he agreed, Lu Xia went into the house to take a bath.

As her body entered the bath bucket, she let out a comfortable sigh. Finally, she could enjoy a good bath, how refreshing!

She quickly finished washing, and when she came out, Jiang Junmo took the initiative to pour water outside.

However, when she saw him finish pouring the water and cleaning the bath bucket before placing it back in the small room, Lu Xia was surprised. “Aren’t you going to bathe?”

Jiang Junmo looked a bit embarrassed and glanced at her. “I’ll use the wooden basin.”

When they bought furniture, Jiang Junmo also bought a large wooden basin. Lu Xia didn’t know what he intended to use it for back then, but now she understood that it was for bathing.

Since he had already filled the basin with water, Lu Xia didn’t say anything.

After he went inside to bathe, Lu Xia dried her hair in the kitchen.

Jiang Junmo bathed quickly. It was convenient for boys to bathe, and during the summer, he would often go to the river for a wash, so he probably wasn’t dirty.

By the time they finished bathing, it was already dark outside, and they didn’t have a lamp. So, they lit a candle.

Lu Xia felt a bit cold and suggested, “Let’s go to sleep quickly. We just took a bath, don’t catch a cold.”

“Alright.”

They entered the main room together, and Lu Xia wasn’t embarrassed at all. After all, the kang in the main room was quite large. It could easily accommodate four or five people, so sleeping together wouldn’t feel cramped.

Their bedding was already arranged on the kang, not side by side, but not too far apart either.

Lu Xia went straight to her bedding, climbed in, and laid down.

“You should get some rest too. The kang is warm, and the quilt is cozy,” she said.

“Okay.”

Jiang Junmo blew out the candle and also got into his bedding.

After that, both of them remained silent. Lu Xia was quite calm; she had just taken a bath and was now in the warm bedding, no longer worrying about accidentally bumping into someone while turning in bed, soon she felt sleepy and fell asleep.

As for Jiang Junmo, he lay there with his eyes open until midnight. Then, he turned his head to look at Lu Xia. In the darkness, he could faintly see her peaceful sleeping face.

Finally, he let out a silent sigh, smiled, and went to sleep as well.

The next day, when Lu Xia woke up, she saw that Jiang Junmo was still sound asleep and didn’t disturb him.

She got up and started cooking.

This time, she used the rice from her space to cook porridge. When she noticed the stored vegetables in the space, she sighed, feeling that she should find an opportunity to use them.

It would be a shame to let them go to waste.

As soon as breakfast was ready, Jiang Junmo woke up.

He felt a bit embarrassed, saying, “Sorry, I overslept.”

Lu Xia smiled and shook her head. “It’s fine; we don’t have to work anyway.”

There wasn’t much work in the village recently. A few days ago, there were some tasks like threshing rice and handling straw, but they didn’t have to work because they were busy building the house. Those tasks were nearly finished now.