43-44

Chapter 43 – Going to Town

A few days later, after Lu Xia fully recovered, it was their rest day.

Currently, they worked for ten days and rested for one day. They decided to go to town together and buy some things.

Especially for the new educated youths, they were still lacking many things.

Lu Xia didn’t actually lack anything. She had everything in her space, but she needed an excuse to bring them out.

So she went to town with them.

The group walked to town, and they arrived in about half an hour. Many of the educated youth from the educated youth spot came along this time, even the sick beauty, Jiang Junmo, came out.

After arriving, they agreed on a time to meet back and went their separate ways.

Lu Xia took a stroll around the town. The town wasn’t big, and it didn’t take long to walk from one end to the other.

She first went to the supply and marketing cooperative. It was much smaller than the ones in the capital city, just a small house. If it wasn’t for the signboard of the cooperative, she would have doubted if she had come to the wrong place.

There were fewer items for sale inside, mainly daily necessities like oil, salt, soy sauce, and vinegar. Lu Xia didn’t see anything she wanted to buy, so she quickly left after looking around.

Afterward, she went to the state-owned restaurant to have a meal and treat herself. However, the chef here didn’t cook as well as those in the capital city. Lu Xia felt somewhat disappointed.

After the meal, she casually strolled around the town but didn’t come across any black market. Later, she found a secluded place, took out some of the things she had prepared earlier, and planned to meet up with the others.

When she arrived, everyone was carrying bags, especially Gu Xiangnan, Su Man, and Jiang Junmo. Each of them had a large package, probably sent in advance.

It was at this moment that Lu Xia suddenly realized she could have also sent the luggage she didn’t need temporarily.

Why didn’t she think of this earlier? She had carried everything herself on the train, and it was so exhausting.

But it was too late for regrets now. However, in the future, if she had anything, she could claim that it was sent from home.

On the way back, everyone had more items, so they helped each other carry them.

This time, Zhuang Hongmei didn’t go to town with everyone. She stayed at the educated youth spot and couldn’t help feeling jealous when she saw everyone returning with large and small packages.

Lu Xia glanced at her but didn’t say anything.

The others ignored her as well. It could be said that she had the worst popularity among the new educated youths.

After Lu Xia returned to the room, she put the things she brought, along with her shoulder bag, into the suitcase without opening it, while Zhuang Hongmei looked on eagerly. She just put them directly into the suitcase, locked it, and then went back up.

On the other hand, Su Man had some valuable items she wanted to keep, such as new clothes, thick blankets, cotton shoes, and so on. Zhuang Hongmei looked at them with envy, wishing she could have them for herself.

Su Man asked her to leave several times, but Zhuang Hongmei continued to stand there eagerly.

This made Su Man quite annoyed, and her expression turned ugly.