301-310

Chapter 301 – Ticket for Five Days Later

During this period, another educated youth in the educated youth spot received an admission notice.

It was Gu Xiangnan.

He had been accepted to Beijing University of Political Science and Law, and was probably planning to pursue a career in politics after graduation.

After that, Li Aiguo also received an admission notice. He got into a local university in their province. Although it wasn’t very well-known, it was still an undergraduate program, which was quite good.

This made the other educated youths envious.

But everyone knew that Li Aiguo had been a teacher before and had never stopped studying over the years. So his success was expected.

The reason he chose a university within the province instead of their hometown was that he couldn’t bear to leave his daughter behind. He planned to leave his daughter to his in laws for care, and he could come back often to see her.

This decision pleased both the villagers and the Wu family.

After these three admission notices were delivered, the village didn’t receive any further news for several days. The mailman didn’t come again, leaving the eagerly awaiting educated youths disappointed.

Even Lu Xia was puzzled. Why hadn’t Su Man’s notice arrived?

In theory, since she knew about the college entrance exams in advance, she should have started studying early. The possibility of her failing the exams should be very low.

Moreover, she had applied to Tsinghua University, a school on par with Peking University. She must have been confident in getting in, right?

Why hadn’t her notice arrived?

Not only Lu Xia was confused, Su Man herself was also puzzled.

However, she thought that perhaps she hadn’t done well in the political subjects. After all, she wasn’t from this era, and she had trouble understanding some of the ideologies. So, she might not have performed well in that subject.

She had already thought that Tsinghua University was a long shot. She wondered if she might be assigned to a less prestigious university. Was that why her admission notice hadn’t come yet?

With these thoughts in mind, Su Man waited a few more days.

But eventually, Sun Shengnan’s admission notice arrived.

Sun Shengnan had been accepted to a vocational college located in the same province as Liu Jun’s. Although it was a vocational college, she was still happy. She had thought she might not be able to get in at all.

She never expected to actually pass!

Lu Xia was also happy for her and went to congratulate her in person.

However, the mood among the other educated youths wasn’t as cheerful. After Sun Shengnan, no more admission notices arrived. This meant that the rest of them, including those hoping for vocational college acceptance, hadn’t succeeded.

Some were disappointed, while others were determined to try again next time.

At that moment, Su Man began to realize that something was off.

Her expression darkened as she recalled the incidents she had seen decades in the future—people using others’ names to claim admission notices and attend university. She realized that she might be facing a similar situation.

Taking a deep breath, she decided that she would investigate who was daring enough to do such a thing.

However, Lu Xia was no longer focused on Su Man’s situation. Their departure date had been set for five days later.