Chapter one

AN: this is a sequel to my previous story "Meet again". I recommend reading that one before this otherwise you'll be missing a lot of context.

November 2033.

Nicky was in the beginning of his senior year at Yale. He double majored in business and journalism, and was planning on taking over HPG when Logan and Rory retired.

One Friday morning, Nicky woke up early and gently kissed Allie's forehead before getting out of bed.

He'd lived in the Yale dorms during his first and second years at Yale. When he started his third year, Logan and Rory offered to pay for an apartment off campus and halfway through that third year, he asked Allie to move in with him.

Like most mornings, Nicky got up early and went to play basketball with some of his friends.

"-and then she just walked away without saying anything" Kyle said.

"Women are weird" Joey said.

"Women are so weird" Nicky agreed.

"Says the guy who lives with his girlfriend of 5 years" Joey said.

"Of course, since he lives with one, he probably knows better than us just how weird they are" Kyle said.

"Good point" Joey said. He looked over at Nicky who was rubbing his face. He also noticed that Clover was looking at Nicky pretty intensely. "Dude, you ok?"

"Yeah" Nicky sighed

"Are you sure?" Kyle asked.

"Yeah. Just a headache" Nicky said and glanced at his watch. "I'm fine"

"Ok"

On his way home, Nicky stopped by the coffee cart on campus to get coffee for him and Allie. That's where he ran into Grace, who was in her first year at Yale.

"Hey" he smiled and hugged his sister.

"Sweaty" she signed.

"Basketball" Nicky signed. "Sorry"

Grace chuckled.

"So, how's it going?" Nicky asked and signed.

"My first class got cancelled which means that I actually have time to get breakfast" Grace signed. She glanced down and noticed Clover licking Nicky's hand. "Are you ok?"

"I'm fine" Nicky signed. He did have a headache, but he chalked it up to stress and dehydration. If it didn't go away, or it got worse than he'd see a doctor to be safe.

"Good" Grace smiled.

"Next!" The guy behind the cart said.

"Small coffee and a blueberry muffin" Grace said. "Thanks"

"And two large coffees" Nicky said and handed the guy his credit card before Grace could say anything.

"You don't have to do that" Grace signed. It wasn't the first time that Nicky paid for Grace and it wouldn't be the last.

"I know"

"Then why do you?"

"Because you're my baby sister, and I love you, and sometimes I want to buy you breakfast"

"Thank you"

Once they got their coffee, Grace headed to class and Nicky went home.

"Hey" Allie said and kissed him.

"Good morning" Nicky smiled and handed one of the coffees to Allie.

"Thank you"  Allie said. "How was basketball?"