Chapter thirteen

Nicky and Allie's daughter was born at 7:29am on Friday, November 25th 2039.

"She's so perfect" Allie said as she stared at the hour old baby girl asleep on her chest.

"So are you" Nicky said and kissed Allie's forehead. He was sitting next to Allie with one arm around her and one hand on the baby.

"I never want to take my eyes off her" Allie said. "She's just so beautiful"

"Just like her mama"

After spending a few hours alone with their baby, Nicky told his family that they could come meet the baby.

"When are they coming?" Allie asked as she watched Nicky walk around the room with the baby.

"Grace and Sammy are here already, they're waiting for my parents and Kate who should be here any minute" Nicky said. "You know, she looks like you"

"You think so?" Allie asked.

"Definitely"

A few minutes later there was a soft knock on the door followed by Rory picking her head into the room. "Can we come in?"

"Come on" Nicky said.

"Oh, my god" Rory whispered as she walked into the room, followed by Logan, then Kate, then Grace and Sammy. "How do you feel?" She asked as she hugged Allie.

"A little sore" Allie said. "Really happy"

"Mom, dad, I want to you to meet your granddaughter" Nicky said as he handed Rory the baby.

"A girl?" Logan asked.

"Jenna Leigh Huntzberger" Nicky smiled.

"You named your baby after me?" Rory gasped.

Nicky smiled and nodded.

"She's beautiful" Logan said and hugged Nicky, then went to hug Allie. "Good job"

"She looks just like Allie" Grace said.

"She's so cute" Kate said.

"Congrats, man" Sammy said and put his hand on Nicky's shoulder. "How's it feel to be a dad?"

"Incredible"

——

After spending one more night in the hospital, Nicky and Allie took Jenna home.

"Alright, hold on" Nicky said as he opened the door. "Buddy, sit. Clover, sit. Stay" he said. Both dogs were right on the other side of the door and while he knew they wouldn't jump, he wanted to put them in a different room while they got settled in with Jenna.

They walked into the apartment and Nicky put Jenna, who was in her car seat, down before putting both dogs- who were very interested in Jenna- in the bedroom.

While Nicky unpacked everything they'd brought to the hospital with them, Allie sat down on the couch to feed Jenna. Once Nicky was done, he joined them.

"How are you doing?" Nicky asked and put his hands on her leg.

"I think I hate breastfeeding" Allie said.

"Then don't do it"

"But I want to"

"Then do" Nicky said. "It's your choice, Al. Whatever you pick is fine with me"

The next day Allie was sleeping and Nicky was walking around the living room, gently rocking Jenna when there was a knock at the door. Nicky opened it to see Grace standing there with a box. "Hi".