Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty

April 2024

[A|N: Sorry for the delay in updates. But you know the drill. Time skip. Enjoy.]

As of April 2024, Lamia was over her pregnancy. A lot had changed in the household since Lamia and Joe found out they were pregnant with twins in October.

The news of twins came not as a major shock, especially considering they already had thirteen children between them. With the twins on the way, Joe and Lamia would soon have a total of fifteen kids - a staggering number for any family. Seventeen people going in and out of the house is crazy.

Lamia joked that their home felt like a daycare center, constantly filled with little voices and pattering feet.

While initially overwhelmed, the expectant parents quickly sprang into action, converting the spare bedroom into a nursery and stocking up on double strollers and cribs.

Lamia swore she would get her tubes tied after this birth, feeling their family was large enough.

In the months leading up to the twins' arrival, Joe and Lamia tried to savor their final adventures as a family of fifteen.

After attending Wrestlemania XL, they took the kids to Disney World, though Lamia could only manage twenty minutes of walking before retreating to the hotel to rest her aching feet.

She spent that time on the phone with her sister Kamoria, who was finally settling down after years on the road. Kamoria was moving back to Pensacola with her husband and son, now that she was pregnant with their second child. And so was Aunesti. Lamia couldn't she was pregnant at the same time as her younger sisters.

Anyway, Kamoria only agreed to return if she, Lamia, and Aunesti got permanent restraining orders against their abusive parents. After a recent confrontation had turned violent, the sisters knew they had to take legal action to protect themselves and their families.

With the restraining orders secured, Kamoria began renovating a home just five minutes from Lamia, while Aunesti lived twenty minutes away. For the first time in years, the three sisters would be close, leaning on each other as they entered new chapters of motherhood together.

While talking about her baby shower for next month. Lamia was confused and worried when her daughter Lyrita walked into the hotel room, looking nauseous and tired.

"What's wrong with you?" Lamia asked as she got out of bed to check on Lyrita.

Lyrita waved her mother off. "Nothing just did a little too much out there," Lyrita answered.

Lamia knows her daughter is lying so she tells Kamoria that she will call her back later. She ends the call and stands next to her daughter.

"No, you're lying. Lyrita, tell me what's going on? Are you sick? I noticed you haven't been yourself lately," Lamia said. Lyrita started crying.

Lamia knew what was wrong with her daughter but she wanted her to say it. She wasn't going to force her daughter to reveal her secret.

"You have to help me tell Dad," Lyrita said, scared of her father's reaction to her secret.

"Tell me what I'm helping you tell your dad?" Lamia asked.

Lyrita lifted her shirt and showed off her thirteen-week pregnancy belly. "I'm pregnant," Lyrita answered.

Lamia smiled. "I know, I've known since you sat there and ate pickles and sardines with me last month," Lamia said with tears in her eyes as she hugged her daughter.