Chapter 14: Not so Smooth Sailing

/Chapter 14: Not so Smooth Sailing

"That is not good." Percy muttered worriedly./

"Really, I thought fighting dragons would be a great outcome," Zoe said sarcastically.

"I mean... maybe it could have been good," Percy said, shrugging his shoulders.

/Zoe was still trying to get a look at what was attacking their ship before her face turned a ghostly white color. "There's got to be close to ten of them." She said with worry laced in her voice.

Leo and Jason came running up to the deck followed closely by Annabeth, Hazel and Piper.

"What is it?" Jason asked as Percy and Zoe ran over to them.

"Dragons… close to ten of them." Percy said quickly before turning to Leo, "Whatever you have for weapons on this beast, it's time to put them to the test."/

"Where's Daenerys Targaryen when you need her," Annabeth mumbled.

/Leo paled and made beeline for the controls of the ship as two dragons made another run at them. Both monsters opened their mouths and spewed torrents of fire at the ship. The celestial bronze ship held against the attack but one of the dragons noticed and moved its mouth so the fired was launched at the members of the quest.

Hazel and Piper dove to the left behind a ship mast while Jason grabbed Annabeth and shot them upward using the winds. Percy and Zoe were stuck in the middle with nothing to hide behind. Percy dove towards Zoe, tackling her to the ground as the fire reached them. He used his body to protect her as the fire hit his back igniting his clothes as he let loose an agonizing scream./

Zoe gave Percy a kiss. "Thank you for always saving me," she said.

Percy kissed her back. "Always," he said.

"And forever..." Zoe whispered back.

/When the torrent of flames stopped, he rolled off Zoe trying to put out the fire on his clothes as quickly as he could. Being a son of Poseidon was the only reason he managed to survive the attack without being burnt to a crisp.

Two more dragons made to take a run at the ship from the right when a huge boom sounded from that side of the ship as a few celestial bronze cannonballs along with a mess of shrapnel were fired. Two cannonballs clipped one of the dragons in the wing, puncturing large holes in it and sending the monster into a downward spiral towards the earth below.

The second dragon took a face full of shrapnel but remained airborne before turning away from the ship and back towards its brethren to regroup.

Zoe raced over to Percy, "Gods Percy, are you okay?" She asked worriedly./

"After all these years, I feel like I won't even be able to die anymore,"  Percy said.

"Don't say that," Zoe hissed. "There's always a chance."

"I've had three funerals already, I think I'm okay," Percy said.

Zoe rolled her eyes. "I'm not planning on showing up for a forth."

/Percy took a deep breath and nodded, "I'm fine Zoe, go regroup the others and help Leo with the weapons as much as you can."

Zoe nodded but then paused, "And what are you going to do?"

Percy smiled, "Nothing dumb, I promise I won't get myself killed."

Zoe's eyes narrowed, "You better be right or you'll wish you were never born."/

Percy gulped. "I'm sure it'll be fine," he said.

/Percy grinned as he sat up at last, "Consider me warned." He said before pecking her on the lips as he climbed to his feet.