Chapter 6: Venti and Murderers

/Chapter 6: Venti and Murderers

At the bottom steps, Khione turned to Zoe, "You may have fooled my father, hunter but you have not fooled me. We are not done." She hissed before turning to Jason, "And you, Jason Grace, I will see you as a statue in the throne room soon enough."

Zoe glared at the Goddess of Snow, "Don't think I can't see through your lies minor goddess. You will pay for betraying Olympus and are a fool for thinking she would treat you any better than the Olympians have."

Khione's eyes flashed with anger, "You and your little pet Jackson will suffer painfully at my mistress' hands." She growled before she spun around and vanished into a mini snow storm.

Leo came running up to his friends, "What'd you make her mad for?" He whined. "She was my future wife."

Zoe stepped forward until she was inches from Leo's face, "I don't have times for your stupid little games boy. If you're on this quest to find a girlfriend, then you should start walking home now. She is the enemy and I will not let your stupidity get in the way of finishing this mission."

Leo paled at nodded quickly before Zoe pushed past him as she made her way towards the Pegasus at the end of the room. Before she got there, a hand grabbed her arm and spun her around where she met the piercing grey eyes of Annabeth looking at her angrily.

"You want to explain what Boreas was talking about back there? You've been lying to us the whole time?" Annabeth hissed with betrayal evident in her stormy grey eyes.

Zoe shook her head, "I can't." She said apologetically.

Annabeth's eyes flashed with anger before she pulled her friend aside so they had some privacy, "You can't or you won't? How am I supposed to trust you if you've been lying to me since this quest started?"/

Zoe frowned.

/Zoe narrowed her eyes, "Trust me? I believe thanks to you I would be dead right now if not for Percy."/

Annabeth frowned, feeling a bit guilty. "I'm sorry," Zoe said.

"It's okay," Annabeth whispered, but looked away not meeting Zoe's gaze.

Jason wrapped his arms around Annabeth and whispered words of comfort to her. Annabeth sighed and tried to relax a bit more.

/A pained looked crossed Annabeth's eyes, "Zoe... You know I..." She began before Zoe interrupted her by pulling her into a hug.

As she hugged Annabeth, Zoe leaned down to her ear, "I'm sorry for saying that, I didn't mean it. I will explain once we get in the air. The others cannot know, you will understand when I explain."/

Aphrodite raised her eyebrow slightly. She wrote down on her Godpad 'Zannabeth'.

/Annabeth nodded slowly, "Okay..."

Zoe gave her a small smile and made her way over to Blackjack who looked downright miserable in the freezing entry hall.

"I'm sorry for leaving you here Blackjack," Zoe said as she ran her hand along his snout. "I promise a whole box of donuts for leaving you here in the cold."/

"Just don't give him the whole box all at once," Percy said.

/Zoe may not have been able to hear Blackjack's response but from the way his eyes lit and he whinnied loudly, it was clear he understood her just fine. She couldn't help but smile at his excitement.

Within a few minutes, the four members of the quest were airborne on their two Pegasus again as they put the lights of Quebec City behind them until they disappeared from sight completely.