Chapter 4: A Tour of New Rome

/Chapter 4: A Tour of New Rome

Percy was led by his sister Hazel down the Via Praetoria and towards the city of New Rome. They took their time as they walked as Hazel told Percy about her past life; her mother, her one encounter with their father and their eventual move to Alaska. Hazel became a little uncomfortable when she talked about living in Alaska until Percy told her to tell him when she was ready. It was clear that whatever happened in Alaska was the reason she was trying to achieve her redemption in this life. Percy promised himself that he would do whatever he had to in order to make sure his new sister was here to stay and not just on a quick visit back to the world of the living. He may have only just met her but if there was one thing Percy remembered about himself it was that family was important to him and that now included Hazel.

"So you really grew up in the Underworld?" Hazel asked in awe as he told her what he remembered from his life./

"Yup," Percy said. "It was surprisingly lively."

/He decided that since Hazel was family, she deserved to know the truth. He did leave out the part about being Greek though as that would only lead to him having explain things he didn't exactly have answers for like where he had been for the past three years.

Percy nodded, "Don't get too excited, I spent the majority of my time training. But after my Mom died, it was nice to have a family again."

Hazel's face became a bit saddened as she thought about her mother until Percy noticed and slipped an arm around her, "You know that includes you too right?"/

Hazel smiled. "We are family," Percy said with a smile.

"Ohana means family," Zoe said.

"Which means nobody gets left behind," Bianca said.

/Hazel's face morphed into a warm smile, "Thanks Percy, it's nice to know I'm not alone anymore."

Percy smiled, "Never again sis, I promise."

As they approached the city, Percy jumped back in surprise when a previously inanimate statue came to life.

"No weapons inside the Pomerian Line." The statue said sternly as its armless body looked Percy up and down.

"Whoa, is that a talking statue?" Percy asked confused as he looked at Hazel./

"Wait you find the talking statue weird?" Piper said. "Not the fact that you can talk to horses, were trained by people who have been dead for at least 100 heck even some that have been dead for thousands of years, or the fact there's a three headed dog in your house, and after all that, you find the talking statue to be weird?"

Percy shrugged. "Yeah, pretty much."

/Hazel bit back a laugh and shook her head, "This is Terminus. He is the God of Borders here in New Rome."

"Hazel Levesque, who is this outsider you are trying to bring into my city?" Terminus asked in a haughty tone.

Hazel rolled her eyes, "This is my brother, Percy Jackson and he is being admitted into the legion. He has his test in about thirty minutes at the coliseum." She replied in an annoyed tone.

Terminus turned back to Percy with a suspicious look, "A son of Pluto you say? You smell like a son of another god."

Percy narrowed his eyes as a shadow consumed the statue of Terminus and deposited him a few feet away from his pedestal where the god of borders landed on the ground with a thud./

Hades held back a laugh.

/"I am a son of Pluto and I don't like to be questioned about it." Percy growled at the stunned border god.