THREE

The new house was a semi mansion! It was huge! To think we almost rejected it! Although there's a lot to lose in getting the house, I think it would make up for it.

     Abby is smiling, not particularly but I can see her through the rear view mirror in the car, she's partially smiling on one side of her lips. Maybe she liked the house too.

Trip was rocking his head to the tunes from his mp3 player. But he's not complaining so I think he likes it.

Inside is much bigger, there is a wide hallway beneath the stairs then another one at the first half of the stairs that led to the upper floor where mom had said our rooms were situated with a Library.

The house is not completely empty, Harry made sure everything was in order except that it lacks some finishing touches- that, was ours to do.

A tall man walked right in after our few minutes of inspection. "Hello ma'am- he said to my mom, then... "Kids" he said to us.
"I'm Daniel and I'm gonna make sure you all settled in perfectly"

He's a foreigner, I could tell from his British accent. Having heard the purpose for his presence in the house, mom immediately got out the list of things we need to be "settled in perfectly" and hands it over to Daniel.

After five minutes, Daniel said he was leaving. Mom thanked him with a warm handshake which he took with both of his hands as though he didn't expect the gesture. From my little years of experience, that's a definite pointer that tells me the man finds my mom attractive.... You bet she is!

"Make yourself comfortable, there's alot to know about this house as it was built in the 60's by the town's ruler."

" Really? Mom flashed her eyes at the young man in excitement. I could have sworn I saw him blush this time. " But this house looks too modern to be old"

"Oh of course, this is an improved version of the original" Daniel smiles and turned to take his leave while mom made plans for dinner.

We had dinner early... It had been fun because we ate like royals -the large dinner table and all. Harry has not visited... Mom said he would come the next day.

I went to my room and jumped on the large comfy bed feeling excited that I had remained quiet when mom said we were relocating back in Los Angeles, that I had said nothing when Trip and Abby complained because this house...... Is AWESOME!

1:55AM

     The creaking sounds from my window startled me. I know I am awake yet in pinched my arm. The freakish sound did not stop, it just continued louder like it was getting closer. Then it stopped.

I heaved a sigh of relief and was about to sleep
when.... Bang! Like a forcefully closed door sounded. I sat up on the bed - No! Bad idea.... I searched for my bedsheets and scrambled under. Soon it'd be morning I assured my fearful self.

I opened my eyes and blinked at the ray of sun that shine through my window. Thank God it was morning and I can't wait to tell everyone about last night. I need to ask if they had the same experience as I did.

     At breakfast, I was the odd one out as they all said they heard nothing. I watch my mom move close to me, shuffled my blond hair and said: "You've got an overactive imagination kiddo.... But don't let it get to ya"

"Noooo... It wasn't an imagination mom, I heard what I heard you've gotta believe me" I protested.
I look around the room.
"Never mind" I say when I didn't receive a response.