SEVEN

After two weeks everything was going smoothly, I had no problems with my family and they had none with me. Not that I do not feel like I'm being watched anymore, but because I ceased to speak or scream about it. I just kept my fears and everything I saw to myself.

     Smooth, until one night. Mom was cooking and I was in the kitchen to get a glass of milk. Trip and Abby were both in their rooms either studying or with their phones.... I thinking the latter. I got the milk from the fridge, helped myself with a full glass and as I was about to drink there was some kind of spark and immediately our power supply went haywire, total darkness.

"Stay still honey.... The back up should come up any moment." My Mom assured

" Okay Mom" I said into the darkness. I wasn't sure where she stood anymore. We were still waiting for the back up when all of a sudden something started moving. It sounded like a ceramic plate or bowl was been drawn across the cupboard shelf until.... CRASH! I screamed, more louder because I could not move and because I wasn't sure of what had happened.

"Tommy!! I said stand still! Mom sounded furious. Great Tommy now you've done it.

And just as if what put out the power supply had accomplished it's task, the light came back up.

"Oh my God!" She was more angry at the sight of the broken ware, probably her favourite China. " Look at what you've done! If only you had listened to me." Trip and Abby are in the kitchen now.

" Mom... It wasn't me.... I'm as shocked as you are" I tried to defend myself.

" Don't play smart with me young Man, we were only two people this  room. I certainly did not go near the plates! She pointed out.

I wanted to shout, to raise my voice to say:" It was the Ghost, it's watching us! But I didn't say that! Instead I ran upstairs to my room and the last thing I heard my mom say was...." YOU'RE GROUNDED!".... I cried.